MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Old Wing Nut
24,885 Posts
Welcome to the family !!! What is it like riding in Korea?
Please confirm is your engine actually at that temperature? Do the fans run long before that temperature is reached? I will assume you checked the fan fuses alredy.
Your bike has a coolant temperature sensor in the cylinder head with 2 circuits. One circuit sends a signal to the ECU, which is used for fan activation and fuel/ignition adjustments. The other circuit sends a signal to the dash for the temperature reading you see.
I experienced a failure of this sensor on my own 910R, and I have seen 2 others also have this sensor failure.
The engine was not overheating but the dash said it was on all 3 of these bikes.
Use an infra-red heat gun to check the actual temperature of the radiator hose going from the cylinder head back to the radiator.
You can electrically test the sensor out of the engine using the procedure shown in the workshop manual.
Do you have the workshop manual?

·
Registered
2016 Honda Grom, 2018 Yamaha R6(gone), 2020 MV Agusta Rush 1000
77 Posts
Hi, my fellow Korean friend, I am also in Seoul.
Did you check out 미르모터스? They are MV Agusta distributor and run the maintenance workshop at 용산. Their number is (02) 2234-0800.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the family !!! What is it like riding in Korea?
Please confirm is your engine actually at that temperature? Do the fans run long before that temperature is reached? I will assume you checked the fan fuses alredy.
Your bike has a coolant temperature sensor in the cylinder head with 2 circuits. One circuit sends a signal to the ECU, which is used for fan activation and fuel/ignition adjustments. The other circuit sends a signal to the dash for the temperature reading you see.
I experienced a failure of this sensor on my own 910R, and I have seen 2 others also have this sensor failure.
The engine was not overheating but the dash said it was on all 3 of these bikes.
Use an infra-red heat gun to check the actual temperature of the radiator hose going from the cylinder head back to the radiator.
You can electrically test the sensor out of the engine using the procedure shown in the workshop manual.
Do you have the workshop manual?
Seoul is like Times Square in New York
There's a lot of traffic

There is no maintenance manual Agusta is a rare model in Korea

I'll do as you told me

Thank you, my friend who lives in America

·
Super Moderator
25,763 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts