MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
20,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realized at my last track day that my long ago broken wrist is making full throttle a difficult proposition on my SPR.
Now that I am getting used to her, and have the suspension and tire pressures sorted, I discovered I had not actually twisted the grip all the way open.
Not a problem on my Brutale, as the riding position gives me more arm freedom of motion, but tucked in on the F4 has tighter ergonomics.
Have inquired to G2 Ergonomics but haven't heard back yet.

http://www.g2ergo.com/store/g2-street-tamer-throttle-tube/

I also changed my old SV650 for a quick turn throttle...easy fix using a Yamaha R6 tube.

So does anyone know of any easy to source tube that will give me a 1/4 turn throttle?
Still hoping to hear from G2 as their cams can be selected for more gentle off idle ramp as well as shorter total turn (that would be ideal!!)

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
question on G2
will work on 2013 Brutale 1090rr as well?
having G2 what the different from OEM?
thanks

·
Administrator
20,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Donsy...will check it out.

G2 got back to me and said they couldn't help with quick turn....not enough demand for MV stuff to justify tooling up!..??

The G2 Brutale tube will also fit F4s....not sure if later models have a different tube than early bikes.
Makes a huge difference in throttle response feel by slowing the low speed rate of opening. Read the testimonials.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Here you go Ed

I bought the throttle tube and housing, then you buy a cable kit, you make the cable's to your required length. Come's with all the right MV fitting for the throttle bodie's side of things.

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again, Donsy.

·
Super Moderator
22,501 Posts
Another option, and I haven't checked this out, might be something from Rizoma. Their grips come with several cable ramps that are keyed to the grip by a toothed arrangement...that let you set things up where you need them. Although I really like Donsy's setup.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I've been through this myself last year. I am told that the action on the 1000R throttle is quicker than the 750, but I haven't verified this. I got a yoyodyne throttle kit for F4 and it was a huge piece of junk. I eventually just want back to the standard throttle until something else caught my eye. the domino one seems top quality, but I haven't seen it in person. Its a bit pricy but it might be the only decent option. I tried G2 last year as well and they couldn't help me either.

·
Administrator
20,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well....I just confirmed that the stock MV throttle is in fact 1/4 turn....so I think I just need to work on my arm and wrist, and get enough hutzpah to twist the damn thing WFO.....

But a US seller of the Domino stuff is in Greenville SC, BellissiMoto, and I drive through there all the time...so I'm going to drop in and discuss it with them. They have Domino throttles in stock.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I bought the throttle tube and housing, then you buy a cable kit, you make the cable's to your required length. Come's with all the right MV fitting for the throttle bodie's side of things.

How did you get around the choke ??

I have 312r and the choke dial is on the throttle body , i know it only hold throttle boddies open a little, but to start, do you just hold the throttle open a tad ?

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Easy explanation here Ed.....when you're riding your F4, you are inherently more in touch with your femine side. That's just a natural byproduct of riding a F4. Just man up and ride the F4 like you ride the Brutie. That'll solve your wimp grip problem......:stickpoke

You're welcome. :)

·
Administrator
20,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Easy explanation here Ed.....when you're riding your F4, you are inherently more in touch with your femine side. That's just a natural byproduct of riding a F4. Just man up and ride the F4 like you ride the Brutie. That'll solve your wimp grip problem......:stickpoke

You're welcome. :)
Resurrected thread.....I ended up doing just that Randy!! Had to quit trying to be delicate. :p

I notice the Domino throttle is being used by a lot of the GP teams!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts