MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on the GOld Coast for a week, while the Brute is in Sydney getting some love from Motorcycle Weaponry.

I miss the Brute..

Any known remedies?
:brutale:

·
Registered
867 Posts
hey chap what are MW doing to it?, by the way i have fitted those new end cans maybe you dream about a set of those for your girl oooeeeerrrrrr lol

James

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
hey chap what are MW doing to it?, by the way i have fitted those new end cans maybe you dream about a set of those for your girl oooeeeerrrrrr lol

James
Which exhaust did you put on?

Luke, as for remedies i can only offer stupid comments as i have nothing of value to add.

·
Registered
867 Posts
The exhaust was the one from the FS section, they are R Brutale Corse stainless endcans the Inox ones, quite a weight saving over the original and add a nice burble, dont know what they sound like at the top as i always wear earplugs, did seem to make the bike run even smoother if thats possible, i'd like to feel the weight of Ti system though, the headers on mine are the Inox ones and they weighed nothing compared to the standard ones.

Glen i value your comments and yes they are stupid but dam they make me laugh!!!

james

·
Premium Member
2,569 Posts
go sky-diving Luke....I reckon that's a fair comparison

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

James
Nice work..I am very close to getting a pair myself..but would like to see/hear your bad boys first!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
The exhaust was the one from the FS section, they are R Brutale Corse stainless endcans the Inox ones, quite a weight saving over the original and add a nice burble, dont know what they sound like at the top as i always wear earplugs, did seem to make the bike run even smoother if thats possible, i'd like to feel the weight of Ti system though, the headers on mine are the Inox ones and they weighed nothing compared to the standard ones.

james
I imagine they are a good comprimise for the street??? not too loud but a little more Brutish than standard !!!
I am awaiting a set atm should turn up any day, come on Luke get your act together :stickpoke

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I imagine they are a good comprimise for the street??? not too loud but a little more Brutish than standard !!!
I am awaiting a set atm should turn up any day, come on Luke get your act together :stickpoke
I know, I know...just got my 24K service bill, so laying a little low after new tyres, fender eliminator, mirrors, carbon hugger, seat....

·
Registered
325 Posts
I know, I know...just got my 24K service bill, so laying a little low after new tyres, fender eliminator, mirrors, carbon hugger, seat....
out of interest whats a 24k service worth ??? I just did mine myself i'd like to know how much i saved , not to mention my relationship with the brute also got a whole heap closer!:heart:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
out of interest whats a 24k service worth ??? I just did mine myself i'd like to know how much i saved , not to mention my relationship with the brute also got a whole heap closer!:heart:
Cool...so wish I had the gear and knowledge to do it myself...working on it though! As for cost, mine comes in at $790. That being said, I am not sure this is a typical service, as I needed new front bearings, I had them repack the rear bearings and have a look at the fuelling etc.

The MW guys here are VERY well regarded, and race MV's - soo I appreciate the work they do...even prepared to pay a premium in knowing they use the proper wheel spanner!!!

·
Registered
647 Posts
...even prepared to pay a premium in knowing they use the proper wheel spanner!!!
I'm pretty sure these guys are particularly reasonable in their pricing. I've had less work done by less qualified blokes and payed alot more in the past.

For the depth of knowledge and professionalism you receive with each visit, these guys are cheap.:yo:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Go surfing, then you'll be too tired to feel like riding, go to sleep and dream of the Brute :)
Nice work...great to see a female Brutale rider on here too. Ah, the dream woman!!

Thanks for the tip...

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm pretty sure these guys are particularly reasonable in their pricing. I've had less work done by less qualified blokes and payed alot more in the past.

For the depth of knowledge and professionalism you receive with each visit, these guys are cheap.:yo:
sounds like a good deal i've heard of blokes up here being charged more for a simple service on a jap bike. so hows she feel after the love??:brutale:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
For my F4 i was told $1,800 for new chain/sprocket + few replacement bolts that were missing by an MV dealer. The chain/sprocket was $1,200 just for the part......ummmm yeah ok.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
For my F4 i was told $1,800 for new chain/sprocket + few replacement bolts that were missing by an MV dealer. The chain/sprocket was $1,200 just for the part......ummmm yeah ok.
Ah yes...if you let the person doing the servicing do the ordering. I am learning some stunts - and given my bike is due a new chain, sprockets and brake pads at the next service...I have already started sourcing the goodies myself.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sounds like a good deal i've heard of blokes up here being charged more for a simple service on a jap bike. so hows she feel after the love??:brutale:
Yeah, I was not sure what to expect - over $500 was for labour (5+hours worth), so pretty happy.

As for afterward...interesting. The new bearings make a pretty massive difference (they were very shot). There is some surging that has come on recently, which I thought was fuelling. Turns out it is a sticky part in the chain? They did soem very cool work on fixing up a few loose screws etc, and put some slammin 1060 oil in the old girl along with new plugs - so she feels pretty nice. The new tyres also make a big big difference.

The most interesting things were 1. The discovered my cooling fan comes on and goes off at very different temperatures to any other bike they have seen. Seems it is set up for running in warmer temps (switch changed on the fan apparently). 2. there was some oil in the throttle bodies - which is apparently common? They said to look out for this, as it can leak out through the throttle bodies and get onto the rear tyres.

So in all - some interesting discoveries; I am still scrubbing in the tyres so have not really got stuck in, but there is not a great difference I must say.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts