MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met this Muslim bloke he was on an F4 and was saying that he had the entire Koran on DVD. Interested, I asked him to burn me a copy ... well fuck me ... then it all kicked off!!

·
Super Moderator
22,851 Posts
That is fabulous!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
What the Fire Chief Said! Priceless!

For those who understand,

no explanation is needed.
For those who do not understand,

no explanation is possible.

Not fair to make judgment of this,

Until you see what the Fire Chief says!!!!

In South Los Angeles , a 4-plex home was destroyed by a fire.

A Mexican family of six,

all welfare recipients and gang members,

lived on the first floor.

They died.

An Islamic group of seven welfare cheats,

all illegally in the country from Kenya ,

lived on the second floor.

They, too, all perished.

Six LA, Hispanic, gang bangers

& ex-cons lived on the 3rd floor.

They, too, died.

A white couple lived on the

top floor.

The couple survived the fire.

Jesse Jackson,

John Burris

and Al Sharpton were furious!!

They flew into LA and met with the fire chief.

On camera, they loudly demanded to know

why blacks,

Muslims

and Hispanics

all died in the fire

and why only the white couple lived?

The Fire Chief said,

"They were at work."

·
Registered
50 Posts
its a funny joke and story...we should have a vip section so everybody can't see it. could cause a little contraversy but who cares, free speech and all that :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
You know Kieran, you are right.. You guys should have your own anti-Islam forum to talk crap.. I'm all for free speech etc etc but that comes with responsibility.. We have friends who are good Muslims on this forum and it is very disappointing to see some of us chose this forum to show how low and small their minds are..I wouldn't want to imagine some ppl start a thread on anti-Jewish, anti-Christianity etc etc.. Just hoping we can be more sensitive and responsible and what the fuck are the administrators doing??

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
We have jokes about white Southern Bubbas on here all the time. No one says a word. Why the double standards??

·
Registered
134 Posts
Maybe it's common joke or ppl just didn't care..I don't know.. But I've seen threads like these on other forums degenerated into free for all racial or anti religious bashing.. I guess(and hope) we lot are more cool and open than other forums to talk as freely as we like.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You know Kieran, you are right.. You guys should have your own anti-Islam forum to talk crap.. I'm all for free speech etc etc but that comes with responsibility.. We have friends who are good Muslims on this forum and it is very disappointing to see some of us chose this forum to show how low and small their minds are..I wouldn't want to imagine some ppl start a thread on anti-Jewish, anti-Christianity etc etc.. Just hoping we can be more sensitive and responsible and what the fuck are the administrators doing??
bang on...was going to say it but being new to the forum i don't want to upset anybody, it a great forum and we have to be a little light hearted, some people might misinterpret it for racism. responsibility is the key

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
They're just jokes. I don't think anyone on here is racist or anti-Muslim.....just as no one on here is anti- Southern Bubba. Take it at face value....its just for humor.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
...what the f_k are the administrators doing??
You probably know this but Administrators and Moderators are volunteers who try to deal with violations of Terms of Use, spam, and issues such as conflict among forum members. Obviously they don't read every post, so they must rely on members to "report" posts to them that they feel are inappropriate. This board's owner has a clause in their Terms of Use on another of their forums that says "Users should be considerate of the expectations and sensitivities of others on the network when posting material for electronic distribution."

So, if you feel that a post is inappropriate, click on the "Report Post" icon.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Nik, I'm one of those volunteer administrators here. I read and re-read col's post/joke here, and other than his gratuitous and unnecessary use of the "f word" (which I personally find offensive), I think it's just a light hearted joke.

I personally don't like the use of this type of language (freely used by you here), but I accept that this forum has unofficially accepted this language as appropriate. I don't like it, but I accept it.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Hi Randy, I didn't know who all they made moderators, but I wish they'd add you guys to the "View Forum Leaders" link at the bottom of the Menu page.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Let's recycle the joke and replace Muslim/Koran with Catholic/Bible or Jew/Torah etc and tell me if it's lighthearted. That's all I'm saying..

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Let's recycle the joke and replace Muslim/Koran with Catholic/Bible or Jew/Torah etc and tell me if it's lighthearted. That's all I'm saying..
Respectfully, very respectfully Nik........sure it would be light hearted, just not very funny. Christians and Jews arn't known to have a small but very visible splinter group of their respective religions that kill people for slanderous comments about their beliefs or founder.

Earlier you commented about "good Muslims" and I couldn't agree with you more enthusiastically. Please understand that our Judeo-Christian socio-religious upbringing allows for religious slandering and defamation without resorting to riots and killing in the name of perceived religious slander.

Several years ago, our National Accademy of Arts (govt. funded) paid a grant to an artist that displayed a photo of a crusifix immersed in urine. (google piss-Christ). You must know how insulting that is to all American Christians, but we didn't issue a religious fatwa or riot in the street.

Contrast that with the world wide rioting over a stupid cartoon depicting the Prophet Mohammad a few years ago in Europe. Culturally, we just can't understand.

Your personal indignation at what I perceive as just a cute, if kinda dumb joke is a microcosm of the bigger issue. I do respect your views even as I don't understand them, and certainly don't agree with them.

If you made a light hearted joke about Bubbas and our Christian beliefs, I would judge your comment singularly on whether it was funny or not. There's a million jokes on my religion, and I've laughed at all of them if I thought they were funny.

I hope my comments help you understand our view of this issue while explaining our reaction to your comments.

Again, I make these comments with all due respect.

·
Registered
266 Posts
And for something completely different....

Riots occurred at Walmart today when hundreds of Catholic priests rushed the doors in response to Walmart's advertisement of "Boys' pants, half off"!!!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts