MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I m putting on a new gold chain, is it neccessary to change sprockets? Sprockets looks fine with 8000 miles....

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
its always a good thing to change everything at the same time. that way 4000 down the road you dont need a new rear sprocket and not a chain

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Conventional wisdom says yes..change all at same time....one reason is even slightly worn sprockets will accelerate the ware on a new chain and reduce its life......its cheaper in the long run!

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
agusta01 said:
Conventional wisdom says yes..change all at same time....one reason is even slightly worn sprockets will accelerate the ware on a new chain and reduce its life......its cheaper in the long run!
totally agree...

Just curious, how long do the OEM sprockets last with good care? what are people's experience?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Lots of variables determine chain/sprocket life such as chain tension, sprocket hardness, lubrication . . . oh I'm getting excited now. I always replace as a set . . . just put a 520 conversion on my R1 last month right before buying the Marchesinis. Why didn't somebody tell me OEM sprockets wouldn't fit them? Now I get to buy another set :bawling:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nevermore said:
Lots of variables determine chain/sprocket life such as chain tension, sprocket hardness, lubrication . . . oh I'm getting excited now. I always replace as a set . . . just put a 520 conversion on my R1 last month right before buying the Marchesinis. Why didn't somebody tell me OEM sprockets wouldn't fit them? Now I get to buy another set :bawling:

Hey Chris did you know that the OEM sprockets wont fit on the Marchesini wheels!!

BTW my R1 is now an LE as well full ohlins :p but with "gold" marchesini mags :naughty:

:guitarist

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
JamesC said:
I use FBF's quick change and thus their Alu sprockets. 6k mi/two oil changes with good care.
is the quick change really only applicable to the 750? the 1k has a quick-change setup on it already - as far as i can tell...

alex

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
darthmvader said:
I m putting on a new gold chain, is it neccessary to change sprockets? Sprockets looks fine with 8000 miles....

Are you one of those rap artists. Darth? Gold chain geddit!! :laughing:

·
Registered
339 Posts
thecraw-r1f4 said:
Hey Chris did you know that the OEM sprockets wont fit on the Marchesini wheels!!

BTW my R1 is now an LE as well full ohlins :p but with "gold" marchesini mags :naughty:

:guitarist
Thanks, now you tell me. :cussing: So I got you worried, huh? Afraid you won't be able to keep up? :stickpoke But are you getting wave rotors and titanium bolts :loser: Since I was buying gears, I ordered stock and -1 CS, +1 and +2 rears just to have a complete set.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
darthmvader said:
its all about the bling bling....

Joking aside I think it will look good Darth. :smoking:

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
altoon said:
is the quick change really only applicable to the 750? the 1k has a quick-change setup on it already - as far as i can tell...

alex

Depends on if you want to buy the FBF replacement sprockets or OEM sprockets. The carrier fits both as far as I know.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts