MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I'd like to give it a shot at a track with tall curbs. A guy I race with did it at Mid-Ohio and said it's pretty cool...

I like that photo.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Griff, nice shot.

Another one for you:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Manuel_F4 said:
Griff, nice shot.

Another one for you:
This Senna is owned by Dave Whattam from the Yahoo group, he used to lend it out to magazines for road tests :jsm:

The rider I believe is Paul Young when he did a "best of the 750's" road test for Fast bike Magazine,there were also pictures of the hole he wore through his leathers at the elbow!

The circuit is Brands Hatch, and I suspect the picture was taken around Druids and the bike was on std road tyres! Dragon Evo Corsa I seem to remember, Dave still owns the bike now

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Crazy photos. That senna 750 picture has been a long time favorite. Too bad I have never come across a high res version!

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
spalding12 said:
great shot of Ben Spies
you've got to give that guy credit
what an AMAZING year he had.... holding off Matt Mladin
Yess for sure...Props to Ben for an amazing season...But, MAD PROPS to Dave Whattam for loaning his baby to Crazy Paul Young!!!

Admin, I emailed Dave Whattam to see if he might have a higher rez version of same.

Griff
twoeleven

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
mikef4uk said:
This Senna is owned by Dave Whattam from the Yahoo group, he used to lend it out to magazines for road tests :jsm:

The rider I believe is Paul Young when he did a "best of the 750's" road test for Fast bike Magazine,there were also pictures of the hole he wore through his leathers at the elbow!

The circuit is Brands Hatch, and I suspect the picture was taken around Druids and the bike was on std road tyres! Dragon Evo Corsa I seem to remember, Dave still owns the bike now
It's not Paul Young..It's Jamie Something

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Yeah, it's Jamie Wilkins or whatever, your average stunt pulling UK journo dipshit (not that most american ones are any better).

It's cool when it happens because of circumstance, but I have to say it looks pretty silly when one tries to do it. I know Turbo does it on his Ducati and that's fine and all, but it doesn't have anything to do with going fast, it's just a stunt unless you're JP Ruggia or Ben Spies...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
you are right: it´s Druids :) and Pirelli Dragon Evo Corsa

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've dragged my elbow, so I'm not impressed.

The problem though was I also dragged my head, shoulder, and oh yeah the bike. :bash:

Great pics!!! :yo: :yo:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
i've learned a bit about body positioning and bike lean angle. if i've scrapped my peg does it mean my bike was leaned over as much as this senna?!?! :jsm:

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
style_one said:
...if i've scrapped my peg does it mean my bike was leaned over as much as this senna?!?! :jsm:
pics please... :jsm:
to scrap the pegs is really scary on a F4... if you have done it, than it means, you have more lean angle than this senna :yo:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I've only ever heard of 2 people doing that, Travis and now you.

Travis did it sort of at a spot where there was a bump plus off camber, which is where stuff really starts touching down. I could see it happening if you hit a curb on the track too, but that's still getting down low.

Where did you do it?

Is your bike set low (lowered ride height)?

Do you have the stock rear spring and you are a big guy?

No matter what happened, it would take some doing to get the pegs down. That's pretty scary.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Someone in the German forum did it too... :jsm: :stickpoke

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
mine is filed down more than that! :jsm: it happened on that turn that i posted the vids of a good while back. consequently, the same turn i crashed on going alot slower and not leaning over nearly as far. but yep, mine are worn off more than that. i've taken that bend at over 90mph regularly (posted 30mph) and my sidi boots would scrape all the time...and i don't ride flatfooted. that's why i was always wondering if i would want solid pegs instead of collapsable ones. but since then i've posted about body positioning and started leaning myself more than the bike, so yeah i know i was over leaning the bike. the corner is also banked so that would make it even harder. it does have a little dip in it and coming in really fast makes the suspension compress quite a bit. i've even felt my head get whoosy after taking that turn really fast. but i've gotten better with hanging off the bike since then. but i loved every minute of it. it made my confidence the MV handling and pilot powers skyrocket. the bend is long enough to be able to make corrections after you feel that scrape and yell out "oh shyte"!!

bike isn't set low (don't think), stock rear yellow spring (1+1) and i weigh all of 165 lbs. i've scraped my peg more than once. being that it was on the street it's only the right peg due to all the right handers. i'll take pics of it.

oh and yes...it was a pucker moment whenever it happened. :jsm:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
That's *&^&*()()(*&^$ insane. Holy cow. You guys got big balls, or something is happening that I don't understand. :yo:

Be careful out there!

I have never gotten close to dragging the pegs I *think* because my toe hangs off the peg just a little bit, and my toe sliders have never touched down. But then again, I still have a few percent left when I ride the MV...

So I'm guessing your knee is on the ground? Can you gauge how far down? At some point, if your leg is wide enough, your leg gets trapped between the ground and the fairing and you're dragging knee, toe, shin, and whatever else is on the ground. But I've only ever done that on soft race tires on the 600, and it wasn't really something I meant to do at the time (front end stepped out and you always get just a little more lean when that happens).

1 - 20 of 41 Posts