MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So all of a sudden I'm getting some interest in my bike and seems like market livened up a little.

As you can see I got an F4S, with right around 3500 miles on it (you can almost call it new) and some aftermarket parts on it, RG3s, CF rear hugger, handle bar risers, and some other small things. There is no question about the fact that this bike is incredible, it looks absolutely stunning, joy to ride, and did I mention beautiful?! I just went through 3 month of finding and deciding and ordering all the gear and got all my Red/Silver stuff, from helmet to boots.

SO here comes the question:

Do I sell the 750 and go get a 1000? I'm certainly getting a Red/Silver, all the other colors are out (although I love the black R). I think I'd stick with S model, because I'm not an aggressive enough rider to get my moneys worth out of the R model.

Money is not really that big of the deal, but I still find myself wondering if I'll get 6K worth of difference our of it (assuming selling my bike for 12K and buying an 06 S for 18K since that's what I'm being quoted, maybe even less if I can find an 05). Looks are identical (other than wheels, lets face it an average Joe would not tell the difference between 1000 or 750), and I'll be honest, looks were 70% of the reason why I wanted one of these for 2 years (25% exclusivity and 5% performance).

Well, I'm done with my rant, floor is open. Lets hear it!

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
If moneys not an issue go with the 1000. If you ride mostly on the road I think you'll appreciate the extra torque. Go and take one for a demo I think you might be surprised...and don't forget to put the rg3's on the 1000.

·
Registered
617 Posts
You already have a beautiful bike that's rare and only a limited few have ever enjoyed. If you're looking for some changes, maybe add some magnesium bits or something like that? I would keep my 750 with 3,500 miles on it and smile while riding it past the bank where my extra $6K was earning interest.

Some would say a 750 is more fun to ride than an open classer, anyway. When it comes down to it, there will always be newer and higher performance bikes made available, that't just the nature of the beast, a sportbike. What would make you happy?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fazer6 said:
Give me your 750!
and then but another one
Second time somebody offered for me to give them my bike today, must be the new thing! :)

I'm thinking about keeping it, I honestly don't know that the extra torque is really that big of a deal. I don't sit in traffic very often (bike has 3500 miles, my riding time is limited, and now even more limited with the move to Jersey), most of my riding is done at 7-8 am before people get up and start moving.

Plus the more I look at everybody's signature it seems everybody owns multiple bikes, maybe there is something to it. I've never had 2 at ones, there might be some satisfaction in that. :devilsmok

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
In that case buy a 910, use it for in town torque and use the F4 for everything fast and twisty (not that the Brute isn't great at that too, but like you said, there may be something to multiple bikes).

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
UA_Agusta said:
Second time somebody offered for me to give them my bike today, must be the new thing! :)

I'm thinking about keeping it, I honestly don't know that the extra torque is really that big of a deal. I don't sit in traffic very often (bike has 3500 miles, my riding time is limited, and now even more limited with the move to Jersey), most of my riding is done at 7-8 am before people get up and start moving.

Plus the more I look at everybody's signature it seems everybody owns multiple bikes, maybe there is something to it. I've never had 2 at ones, there might be some satisfaction in that. :devilsmok
Just for the record when I said ride on the road I was not refering to sitting in traffic. The only traffic I see is when I take my bike to the dealers and getting into and out of the hills. The extra torque is very nice if you dont feel like revving the bike to acheive some level of performance...it's more like riding a twin than an I4.

·
Registered
756 Posts
If $ aren't really an issue then I vote for the 1000. I test rode the 750 (although it was an older one) and it did not spur me to buy it. The 1000 was another matter. And I'm not an aggressive rider. But...if you have the potential to buy a 2nd bike instead...I think that's a better option.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
i think the answer comes down to what type of rider you are, and only you know the answer to that. you said that looks were more the reason than anything that you bought it, so put your money into that department. 6K on a 1000 will not gain you anything there, and for that money you can make your's look like a R or a Senna or whatever you want. like you said, performance only accounted for 5% of your purchase and that's the only update that the 1000 offers over your 750.

look at the pics in the gallery and find out how to satisfy your main reason for buying it with that $6K.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
UA_Agusta said:
There really is! I ride almost every day. My commute is 100 miles each day. When I open the garage in the morning I pick what I feel like riding that day. I don't have the nicest bikes or best bikes by any means. But I enjoy riding, whatever I'm on. And some days choosing the stupid, muddy, DRZ 400 enduro is just what I need and I have a blast riding it. Other days it's the CBR1100 with more bags and wind protection. Or mornings like today when it's 30 some degrees out I bundled up and rode the Brutale. Street, track, dirt. You got to have your bases covered. :)

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I had this very dilema when I had my 750 F4. :crazyeyes If you are track orientated rider keep the 750. If you put in most of your biking hours on public roads, get the thou. :moped: I think if at all possible you should test ride a thousand so you can appreciate the differences for yourself. One thing to remember; whether you keep the 750 or change to a 1000, you still have a great bike! :smoking:

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
A red/silver 750 or a red/silver 1000S are the choices here??

I'll agree a second bike is preferable (Brutale) but I really don't see the gain by going to a 1000S which is essentially identical save how it reacts in the rev range. Unless you are unhappy with how your bike reacts in the rev range I'd suugest putting the 6k into Mg and cf :idea:

I go through wanting to perpetuate my interest in things as well. If you were starting from scratch I think a 1000 would be in the cards but I really really don't see the gain in this one :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everybody for your input.

Style, I really did buy the bike for the looks, but I'm 1000% satisfied with it. I'm not really a wheel or CF guy, and I don't like throwing money away on things I don't see value in, which wheels and cosmetics are to me. That is not to say they are not nice, but I just don't see enough value in dropping 2K on a set of wheels, or 2K on CF fairings.

1000 has been taunting me purely because of power, but more I think about it more I realize that I'm nowhere near the peak of my 750's ability.

Reason why I brought up a second bike is because I can spend 9500 and get a new GSXR1K (I know, I know it's a Suzuki, but I really like the new 1K) which would satisfy my need for more power for half the cost and I can always take MV out when I feel like it.

I think it's just that time when you get a bug to do something and then you're stuck trying to figure out what your most satisfactory option is. And the bug won't go away until you do SOMETHING!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
If power is what draws you, wouldn't the R be more appealing than the S?

Sounds like you've go the "itch" which get seem to get once in a while too. :) That being said, your other choices would be wait two or three more years until a new MV comes out, or maybe see how the Ducati superbike turns out later this month.

It's really hard to say if the 1000 is worth the extra cash over the 750. It really depends on the individual.

·
Registered
617 Posts
After reading your post, I would think a GSXR1000 and an MV 750 makes more sense than swapping the 750 for a 1000 S. Only about $3,500 more than your other option, and you'll have two bikes, which is always a good thing. For the $9,500, get the zook to flog, or look at a used 2005 for $7,500 and be set on that.

Sounds like a fun choice to make. Kind of like me deciding between an S and an R.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Why dont you add a bike that has a different purpose....So you could have some variety, for different moods....Plus as a bonus, whatever you buy will make a better rider out of you....I cant ride mine at the limit yet, yours either.....I get better everyday but it takes time.... Buy yourself an enduro or a dirtbike, a supermoto is perfect - {in addition to my 1000 thats what I have, amongst other things} or a little streetbike- a trials bike- whatever, as long as its not two heavy.....I am certain it will make you far faster on your 750 then if you upgraded to the 1000...If you enjoy being a slower rider get the 1000cc.....If you want to be a fast rider stay at 750cc's for now...How many days did it take to build Rome again?

FBD

P.S. You could also do yourself a service with a dedicated track bike as well....But remember, smaller is better...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts