MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I know you never get the book speed on your stock bike but with the TV I'm finding that there is very little pull when you're past 120mph. Any one else noticed this?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I've had mine for a little over a year and I expected It not to go much faster than that. There is the wind resistance of the bags and 110 hp on tap from an engine designed for mid range torque that I think would hinder your going much faster. That's why I have a sportbike also.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I hit the same wall on the weekend, but hey it was fun getting there. It's in its element on the twisties, 7k rpm, gobs of power and my mate on his multistrada is grimacing. Magic bike.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I did 130MPH (210km/h) once but I did not feel any pleasure. It's great bike in various environments and that's why I bought it, not to break any speed records.
However, I wonder what is the acceleration on TV (0-100km/h). Does anyone now?

·
Registered
521 Posts
it is not all about speed.. it's about technic :))
I've done 225 km/h (140 mph) (max speed 230 km/h (143 mph) but this is not really fun...
the acceleration from 0-100km/h is 3,5 sek !!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've done 220 km/h once and only to see how fast I could go. Normal speed for me on the highway is 140-150 km/h maybe 180 if I am in a hurry.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I second that emotion!

it is not all about speed.. it's about technic :))
I've done 225 km/h (140 mph) (max speed 230 km/h (143 mph) but this is not really fun...
the acceleration from 0-100km/h is 3,5 sek !!
May sound a bit boring I know but I'm just starting out on my Advanced Motorcycling Licence course with the IAM. :surprise: First time out, they tell you - keep to the speed limits, no exceptions, zero tolerance! I got a finger wagging for doing 32mph in a 30mph. :frown2: As soon as we got to the single lane nationals, these old dudes with beards on their old man bikes were dots on the horizon. Gradients like ski slopes, twisty as the Alps and narrow as f**k. 40mph felt like suicide and they were doing 60mph, overtaking everything in sight! Scariest ride I've had since I had a pillion around Brands with John Reynolds. :surprise:

Truly, it really IS all about technique! :laugh:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Speed doesn't matter to me. I'm thinking about draining all the fluids from my bike and setting it up in the corner of the living room as a sculpture :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
I like to get on Melania hard for about a half a mile on a wide low traffic interstate with high concrete walls between me and opposing traffic. 132 is all my TVL has done. I thought it had a good bit more. I may never know. To me going from 30-90 is more fun than holding the top end.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I traded a 2012 Ducati Streetfighter 1098S that was highly modified to get un to 165 HP.
One of the things that surprised me about the TV is that in acceleration I didn't feel that much the lack of HP, as a matter of fact up to 90 MPH I think they would be very close, from there i don't know how much more there is but i am still running the engine and also I am not interested in knowing. It is true that the STF had hyperspace mode after the 6000 RPM and from 90 MPH to 140 MPH was a breeze, on track I was getting to an impressive and arm breaking 170 MPH. The thing is that I did not trade an almost race bike for the TV to have the same thing, I wanted a machine for everyday use, and enjoy riding it in a spirited way without going at race track speed.
Anyhow, as said above acceleration is what you enjoy most of the time and the TV makes acceleration easy and fun with all the electronics, it also has plenty of power to pass a car or change lanes, and I can dream of curvy roads using only one gear (I live in Sofla). But if you still want more upper end i am sure a new exhaust and ECU would do the trick....

·
Registered
88 Posts
Gallego is exactly right.

In addition to TVL I also have a 2014 Ducati Monster 1200S with full Termi, ECU up-map and a whole bunch of other mods. 100 lbs/ft is nothing to sneeze at, and the top end is simply nuts. Gun the throttle and hang for dear life type of bike. I love it.

However.

I have witnessed the evolutional process that took Ducati Monsters to what they are now. The quest for more power begat stronger frames, beefier brakes, water cooling plubming, larger tank, longer wheelbase, and ultimately more weight. As a result, a lot of magic was lost in the process. Apparently even Ducati realizes this now - look at the most recent incarnation of the M1200 and M797. Smaller and lighter. And way less power in the case of M797.

I wouldn't like Turismo Veloce go the way of Multistrada.

It's really not all about the speed after all.

I traded a 2012 Ducati Streetfighter 1098S that was highly modified to get un to 165 HP.
One of the things that surprised me about the TV is that in acceleration I didn't feel that much the lack of HP, as a matter of fact up to 90 MPH I think they would be very close, from there i don't know how much more there is but i am still running the engine and also I am not interested in knowing. It is true that the STF had hyperspace mode after the 6000 RPM and from 90 MPH to 140 MPH was a breeze, on track I was getting to an impressive and arm breaking 170 MPH. The thing is that I did not trade an almost race bike for the TV to have the same thing, I wanted a machine for everyday use, and enjoy riding it in a spirited way without going at race track speed.
Anyhow, as said above acceleration is what you enjoy most of the time and the TV makes acceleration easy and fun with all the electronics, it also has plenty of power to pass a car or change lanes, and I can dream of curvy roads using only one gear (I live in Sofla). But if you still want more upper end i am sure a new exhaust and ECU would do the trick....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well actually I compare a lot the TV to one of my former Multistrada, no the 1200 but the 1000 / 1100 version. The TV fells as light as de old Ducati, easy to handle on the maneuvers and on the gas, but with the bit of power that the MTS did not have and a lot more comfort.
I started my track day fever on a 1100 MTS and had a great time with it because it was light and I could explore its limits. Modern MTS do make it to the track and get decent times, but mostly using HP in the back straights, which is not my idea of fun.
I love to take a roundabout at 30 MPH dropping the bike with no effort and opening the throttle without fear at the end, this was not fun with a more powerful and heavier bike. I am enjoying riding without stress again, so paraphrasing Kev "it is not all about the speed"

·
Registered
411 Posts
The weight, 439 pounds, the width and snappy engine are whats fun. Big is not fun. The most fun bike you ever rode was likely a XR50 or a YZ80. My son has a KTM 144 that will make you tear up from 0-60, it's so much fun. Who gets excited about riding a Gold Wing?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts