MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
But damn does my bike look great with no licence plate on the back, cluttering up those sculpted lines. Thats the blast screen I picked up from Emoto, along with the clear tail lamp. And the wheels were pinstripped, not taped....please excuse my gloating, I just think these bikes are beautiful. :)

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pigiolino said:
Is better with licence plate on and without catalizer... :) :) :) :)
pier
I know, that cat is so damn ugly, but i gotta wait untill march before I can comfortably dump $5,000 or an exhaust system.... :smoking: :yo:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
spalding12 said:
you know that I certainly agree with you

great shots
hmmmmmm
maybe i'll ride without my license plate tomorrow

Thanks Greg. This is the deepest I have got into disassembling this bike, and I wish I could say that I was overwhelmed with the design, but im really not. It seems like the whole bike is held together with well nuts, plastic washers and funnly little italian rubber bands. The fact that almost all the body panels come off with the same hex key is nice, and the quick diconnects on the tank are quick, if not the most burly in design. If you want to make a lightweight sportbike, it seems to make sense, but some of it almost seems flimsy, and the complete lack of dielectric grease on all of the connectors is down right disturbing. I guess im just used to Harleys where you can fiz almost anything with a rock and a big enough roll of duct tape. This bike requires finesse, its such a different animal.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Some Guy said:
Thanks Greg. This is the deepest I have got into disassembling this bike, and I wish I could say that I was overwhelmed with the design, but im really not. It seems like the whole bike is held together with well nuts, plastic washers and funnly little italian rubber bands. The fact that almost all the body panels come off with the same hex key is nice, and the quick diconnects on the tank are quick, if not the most burly in design. If you want to make a lightweight sportbike, it seems to make sense, but some of it almost seems flimsy, and the complete lack of dielectric grease on all of the connectors is down right disturbing. I guess im just used to Harleys where you can fiz almost anything with a rock and a big enough roll of duct tape. This bike requires finesse, its such a different animal.

rather intersting observations
i was going to remove my passenger pegs today
but...
i need to get an ATTRACTIVE pillion cowl first

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
spalding12 said:
rather intersting observations
i was going to remove my passenger pegs today
but...
i need to get an ATTRACTIVE pillion cowl first

For god's sake, dont let your wife read that! :laughing:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Looks awesome SomeGuy,

F the plate, I have ridden with one for about 6 months now.... lol!

Question, what's the diff between pin-striped and taped wheels?

·
Registered
155 Posts
yeah i ride with out a plate too, cops dont even notice any way, i had a cop pull up right behind me in traffic and didnt do jack

·
Registered
512 Posts
Looks excellent SG, any chance of a front on pic so I can have a good look at the screen. I have one as well (in the carbon) but I am having fit before I get the bike. Just want to see what it looks like.

Cheers

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Vlad Drac said:
Looks awesome SomeGuy,

F the plate, I have ridden with one for about 6 months now.... lol!

Question, what's the diff between pin-striped and taped wheels?

The stripes that you see on my wheels were hand painted on, not taped. My buddy and I just fabbed up a real clean plate bracket out of aluminium, it looks pretty good too. Ill post picks later.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
spalding12 said:
did you ever consider taking them off?
that would add to a "cleaner style as well, i think

I agree, it is an even cleaner look, but I am still single and 28yrs old. For me, half the fun of owning a street motorcycle is putting a fine looking girl on the back :naughty:

·
Registered
53 Posts
MikeDanger said:
yeah i ride with out a plate too, cops dont even notice any way, i had a cop pull up right behind me in traffic and didnt do jack
Really? What Country do you live in, down here riding without a plate has become common with squids and will land you in jail (and your bike on a wrecker :bawling: ).
I does look good though. I pulled my passenger pegs off a few weeks ago, cleans it up as well.

·
Registered
53 Posts
MikeDanger said:
Im in denver, all they can do is give you a ticket.
Different world down here.
Bundle up for the winter up there in Denver....We suffer in the summer!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Great Pics ! Thanks for posting them. Do you have to rake the leaves off the bike in the morning, or do you keep her inside? ................ Just joking. Nice Bike!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts