MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dianese jacket is made of "italian" leather. whats the difference between italian leather and "regular" leather. Does it just come from a cow that lives in italy?? do they feed them differently than cows in the states (spaghetti and meatballs?? :laughing: )?

it just always stumped me to how they can claim "italian leather"....does that mean all trees in italy produce "italian paper?"

just some food for thought.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no prob alvin.....sorry for the posting in the wrong section to begin with.

so any thoughts on my question?

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Italian leather indeed... just like "aircraft grade" aluminum, "surgical" stainless steel, these are all BS "pretty" terms created by the marketing people to confuse and seduce consumers to by more of their product.

I did notice one thing interesting though... the button and brass snaps in my Dainese T-Age div. suit has "Fiocchi" stamped on it, it is a name I know well, Fiocchi also produces small arms ammunitions.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I heard the farms where the cows are raised don't have barb wire so their hides have less imperfections.

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Mika said:
I heard the farms where the cows are raised don't have barb wire so their hides have less imperfections.
Cool. Kind of sounds like Bentley and Rolls :smoking:

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
odonata said:
there are lots of quality motorcycle leather makers out there, big and small, but IMHO, Dainese is the company that has the best fashion sense.
I love their designs... my favorite is their discontinued Talos IV pro suit.
I think A-Stars and Spidi are right up there in terms of fashion. I think A-stars may aim at a slightly younger demographic than Dainese....some of there new Lifestyle leather jackets are really nice.

But no doubt the Italians are the best ....Dainese, Spidi, AS...can't go wrong

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Velocemoto said:
That's Connelly leather in the UK i think...suppliers to the auotomotive trade {Rolls, Jag..etc}

Correct, they're also used on the top model B&W speakers...(mine are still for sale...anyone:naughty: ) and according to my B&W brochure it also lists Aston Martin V8, the Queens Stand at the Epson racecourse, the new British library and the Dorchester hotel as Connelly users.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
It's nice stuff. I was fortunate to have lunch in the Dorchester and you just sink into the settees. Wall to wall class. Glad I wasn't picking up the tab for the lunch though. It would have made a good deposit on a Veltro. :shocker:

·
Registered
375 Posts
It is true that the leather Dainese uses comes from cows that are raised in areas without barbwire fences and rocks. The hydes don't have many imperfections due to this.

The leather Dainese uses is really nice. You can feel the quality it in vs other brands.

I really like the new Moto GP Kangaroo suits. Kangaroo hyde has more abrasion resistance than cow hyde and is half the weight.

The Kangaroo suits feel so light vs cow hyde now.

I beleve most of the Moto GP riders are wearing Kangaroo as well.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
awiner said:
It is true that the leather Dainese uses comes from cows that are raised in areas without barbwire fences and rocks. The hydes don't have many imperfections due to this.

The leather Dainese uses is really nice. You can feel the quality it in vs other brands.

I really like the new Moto GP Kangaroo suits. Kangaroo hyde has more abrasion resistance than cow hyde and is half the weight.

The Kangaroo suits feel so light vs cow hyde now.

I beleve most of the Moto GP riders are wearing Kangaroo as well.
Yes I agree with you.

Roo skin is also offer by Dainese finet, but it really jack up the price of an already expensive custom suit from them, however Sukhoi suit is not offerd with roo skin because I was told that there are no kangaroo skin big enough for the suit's large panel pattern.

I am pretty sure that Rossi's dainese suit is made with roo skin.

Does MotoGP make custom suits?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i dont think they make custom suits (motogp)..but i do know that they have the most affordable kangarro suit available.

i like the dainese bora kangaroo, but i dont have 3k to slap down on leather! (motocorse pipes first!) :stickpoke

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Clearly Jeff...that is a stupid ?.

EVERYONE knows that Italian leather comes from cows in Italy, that moo in Italian, drink wine from their youth AND graze on pasta.

Please don't insult us with other confounding issues.

:stickpoke :stickpoke , :laughing: :laughing:

Have a good day; I'm about to go out on the 910R...I know I will :) .

Peter

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Reopropf said:
Clearly Jeff...that is a stupid ?.

EVERYONE knows that Italian leather comes from cows in Italy, that moo in Italian, drink wine from their youth AND graze on pasta.

Please don't insult us with other confounding issues.

:stickpoke :stickpoke , :laughing: :laughing:

Have a good day; I'm about to go out on the 910R...I know I will :) .

Peter
i knew it! lol thanks for the clarification...! :laughing:

one more thing...when you go cow tipping in italy...when you push the cow over they say "AHH FAAAKK!! (in a rossi faster voice) :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts