MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this forum while doing research on a new bike. I was looking for my first sportbike. I'm a newbie rider and I've only been licensed since last May (BRC and ERC, with Rider Coach app pending), but in that time I acquired a Suzi DRZ-200 to practice, then a BMW F650GS which is fun on dirt and street. After one year and 23k+ miles on the GS, I've been longing for a street bike. As a 5'2" female with a 27" inseam, there aren't a lot of options. Another Beemer would have been too big, and nothing else really got my attention except maybe a Duc.

I started at this forum responding to the thread, "Where are the women" and got lots of great advice and information from your forum. Thanks so much - you completely influenced my decision, or at least reinforced my choice. One of the members suggested that I start a new thread, so here it is.

After narrowing it down to a Monster or Brutale, I test rode both bikes today. Wow! I thought the BMW was a great bike but it's a brute - shifts and brakes like semi compared to these bikes. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a big BMW fan, but the Duc was a whole new experience. It shifted like butter, accelerated as though it were in flight, and carved corners like a dream. Smooooooth.

Then I rode the Brutale. Holy crap. This has all the fun of a Ducati plus the personality of a feisty red head. This little bike wants to be rode hard and put away wet. Although I test rode the 910, I bought the bike that originally caught my eye: the 2005 silver/red 750. She'll be ready for pickup next Tuesday, and the space in the garage is cleared - right next to the BMW and Suzi. Can't wait to bring it home.

Attachments

·
Registered
922 Posts
I'm married to a fiesty redhead, and now that I have the brute...well, that makes me a very lucky sob.

Welcome, and that's a really droolworthy pic.

·
Registered
756 Posts
mloyllo said:
I found this forum while doing research on a new bike. I was looking for my first sportbike. I'm a newbie rider and I've only been licensed since last May (BRC and ERC, with Rider Coach app pending), but in that time I acquired a Suzi DRZ-200 to practice, then a BMW F650GS which is fun on dirt and street. After one year and 23k+ miles on the GS, I've been longing for a street bike. As a 5'2" female with a 27" inseam, there aren't a lot of options. Another Beemer would have been too big, and nothing else really got my attention except maybe a Duc.

I started at this forum responding to the thread, "Where are the women" and got lots of great advice and information from your forum. Thanks so much - you completely influenced my decision, or at least reinforced my choice. One of the members suggested that I start a new thread, so here it is.

After narrowing it down to a Monster or Brutale, I test rode both bikes today. Wow! I thought the BMW was a great bike but it's a brute - shifts and brakes like semi compared to these bikes. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a big BMW fan, but the Duc was a whole new experience. It shifted like butter, accelerated as though it were in flight, and carved corners like a dream. Smooooooth.

Then I rode the Brutale. Holy crap. This has all the fun of a Ducati plus the personality of a feisty red head. This little bike wants to be rode hard and put away wet. Although I test rode the 910, I bought the bike that originally caught my eye: the 2005 silver/red 750. She'll be ready for pickup next Tuesday, and the space in the garage is cleared - right next to the BMW and Suzi. Can't wait to bring it home.
Excellent choice and welcome. Congrats:)

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
mloyllo said:
aWHAATT!!!! There's an Ducati/MV dealer in Scottsdale?!!!!!! :eek: I've only moved from Phoenix four months ago!

Okay. I'm going to have to stop by there next time I'm in town. They are a MV dealership, right? I checked MV's site and they're listed as a dealer....but then again, I'm not surprised.

That's great! It's a wonder alternative to AZSBK (I had a fall out with them) or traveling 90 miles to Tucson. Thanks for letting me know! :wave:

BTW, do they have any F4s in stock? I've sent them an e-mail but probably won't here from them till Tuesday.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
YES! The formal opening of the Ducati shop is this weekend, and yes, they carry MVs too. I bought the 2nd MV from them and they haven't even formally opened yet. You might want to tell them how you found out about them. And yes, there are a few F4s. Don't remember how many and what color as I was blinded by my own desires. Tell them Michelle sent you.

Don't know if you knew this but AZSBK moved to a new location near Victory BMW. I pop in now and then but Scottsdale is a better location for me.

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
mloyllo-

Welcome to you and your bike(s)!! Great choice, especially for someone who hasn't been longing for an MV for years.

I think we should take DNA samples from you and the other ladies represented on this sight and genetically engineer the next generation of women riders.

I'm also envious of your 11-month annual riding season. Thanx for being here.

-WYD OPN

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
mloyllo said:
YES! The formal opening of the Ducati shop is this weekend, and yes, they carry MVs too. I bought the 2nd MV from them and they haven't even formally opened yet. You might want to tell them how you found out about them. And yes, there are a few F4s. Don't remember how many and what color as I was blinded by my own desires. Tell them Michelle sent you.

Don't know if you knew this but AZSBK moved to a new location near Victory BMW. I pop in now and then but Scottsdale is a better location for me.
Thanks Michelle. I'll definitely tell them you referred me. I may even head over there this weekend! The problem I have with Renaissance is they're too small to want to take the 999 as a trade and with Pro Italia, my 999 doesn't have 7500 miles and a CA law requires any non CA bike sold in CA must have 7,500 miles. :cross:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WYD OPN said:
mloyllo-

Welcome to you and your bike(s)!! Great choice, especially for someone who hasn't been longing for an MV for years.

I think we should take DNA samples from you and the other ladies represented on this sight and genetically engineer the next generation of women riders.

I'm also envious of your 11-month annual riding season. Thanx for being here.

-WYD OPN
11-month riding season? I ride all year round! Going to bed shortly to be ready for a good dirt ride on the BMW at Castle Hot Springs!

·
Registered
261 Posts
mloyllo said:
11-month riding season? I ride all year round! Going to bed shortly to be ready for a good dirt ride on the BMW at Castle Hot Springs!
Welcome to the forum. Glad to see you have gotten some good GS experience and some miles under you belt before you went for the MV. I have the red/silver 910S and it is definitely a head turner. You won't be lacking in attention with that bike I assure you. Good luck. I am currently a little more south of you down in Sierra Vista for awhile. There are some great roads here in Arizona. I definitely will be coming back.

Lorenzo

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Allan, I went by today and they have 2 Brutes (1 now i guess, in red), and 3 F41000's, 2 Red/Silver and one matte black (very cool looking).

Congrats again on your purchase, you will love it. I have only seen one other MV on the road in AZ (an F4 750), so it will be wonderful that you are going to be riding it. I am fearful that being in Scottsdale, all the bikes they sell will end up in near-permanent storage despite our wonderful 12 (!) month riding season.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
fazer6 said:
Allan, I went by today and they have 2 Brutes (1 now i guess, in red), and 3 F41000's, 2 Red/Silver and one matte black (very cool looking).

Congrats again on your purchase, you will love it. I have only seen one other MV on the road in AZ (an F4 750), so it will be wonderful that you are going to be riding it. I am fearful that being in Scottsdale, all the bikes they sell will end up in near-permanent storage despite our wonderful 12 (!) month riding season.
Thank you. Red/Silver is what I'm interested in. I also got a response from David Slepak regarding my inquiry. Overall, considering I sent the e-mail at 8:00 p.m. on a Saturday night, I'm very impressed.

I'm wondering if they'd be willing to take my 999 on trade. If so, I may drive there Friday night, do the deal on Saturday, and drive back to LA with the MV on Sunday night.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
Thank you. Red/Silver is what I'm interested in. I also got a response from David Slepak regarding my inquiry. Overall, considering I sent the e-mail at 8:00 p.m. on a Saturday night, I'm very impressed.

I'm wondering if they'd be willing to take my 999 on trade. If so, I may drive there Friday night, do the deal on Saturday, and drive back to LA with the MV on Sunday night.
I can't see why they wouldn't make the trade, any new shop with as many ducks as they've got (must be at least 20) could use at least one used 999.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
mloyllo said:
Exactly, I was trying to figure out which month is it we're not supposed to be able to ride :tongue:

BTW, keep us informed of your service experience please, last I had talked to them, the guys in Scottsdale didn't have an 'MV' mechanic, and when they were looking at my Brutale, only Dave even knew what it was.
It will be very nice to have a dealer in the valley, but for now I will keep making the trek down to Steve and Bill, as I have heard horror stories about Ducati techs working on MV's, despite their inherent simplicity.

·
Registered
184 Posts
We have a couple of women on Monsters here in San Diego. Usually the first pick, seat height wise. To bad more don't get wise, look past their husband's or BF's knowledge bank, do some digging and go Brutale. Very cool choice and beautiful bike.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts