MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a camaro on my way home from the gym, he was pulling away from a light so I decide to just gun it past him....well, I let off, and he flys by, then lets off, and I downshift into 2nd at around 45 and GUN IT start to catch and am in my powerband....I wasn't pullingpast him once I got to his door. I was at his door and he was inching away at 130 before we both let off....he was laughing, gave a thumbs up and nodded while I gave a thumbs up and I turned onto my road.

I'm not one to drag race, but god damn was that car fast. I was pretty damn surprised....more cars like his with spraypaint paintjobs with just motors, usually are decently fast but not THAT fast....not fast to where he'd give me any sort of trouble...

Just thought I'de vent...btw, what would a car like that be running if he can keep with me from a roll???

·
Registered
96 Posts
oicdn said:
Saw a camaro on my way home from the gym, he was pulling away from a light so I decide to just gun it past him....well, I let off, and he flys by, then lets off, and I downshift into 2nd at around 45 and GUN IT start to catch and am in my powerband....I wasn't pullingpast him once I got to his door. I was at his door and he was inching away at 130 before we both let off....he was laughing, gave a thumbs up and nodded while I gave a thumbs up and I turned onto my road.

I'm not one to drag race, but god damn was that car fast. I was pretty damn surprised....more cars like his with spraypaint paintjobs with just motors, usually are decently fast but not THAT fast....not fast to where he'd give me any sort of trouble...

Just thought I'de vent...btw, what would a car like that be running if he can keep with me from a roll???
Hey Deeznuts,
What would he be running?...........He would be running about 4 miles per gallon..........can you imagine?.......It must be a real thrill to pump 65$ worth of gas every 36 hours....Thanks for the story, Later brother

-FBD

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
who know? but the conditons are so uncontrolled. a roll on? how fast was he going? how fast were you going? maybe you were decelerating?

i wouldn't worry about it. bottom line, bikes are quicker than all cars, except those with slicks.

alex

·
Registered
281 Posts
You have more nads than I... No way would I race a stranger at those speeds. I had an F250 chase me a while back and it scared the crap out of me. I was not racing just zipping along at 100-110 when I see this truck barreling up behind me. My first thought was COP! Then when I made him out in the mirrors (not easy) I thought "holy crap, he is trying to kill me!"

I let him go by and then drfated safely behind him for 100 miles or so.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
That would be probably a 10 or 11 second car to be able to do that.

What is that, 500 or 600 horsepower? I think once you start passing through 11's cars have to really get more powerful.

I'm probably wrong, but I'm probably not far off either.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Check all your plug caps are on Nate, :moped: you should have blown the sucker into the weeds. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hahaha, I was thinkin the same thing...the guy was caged and everything, it was a sight to see...I couldn't even hear my bike at that speed, (and without snorkels and cat, that's pretty effin loud) all I hear is his car. But I guess he knew what he was doing, cause he didn't pull from me at all, even between shifts...we stayed neck and neck...well, he was ahead, but still, that's pretty damn scary....

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Perhaps you could have had him at 150 :stickpoke It`a also tuff to penetrate his wind if he is just ahead of you at speed :violin: Time for the 910 upgrade Nate?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
910...ehhh...who knows. Maybe in a couple months????

I completely disregarded breaking his wind (huh huh....breaking wind...)...good point...but he was still damn fast...

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
fwiw, i saw on animal planet that a cheetah can do 0-55 in 2.xx seconds. i wonder how much hp a cheetah has? :nerd:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^ It was definitly not a normal car. I've seen him around before, I remember seeing him at the track, but can't remember for the life of me what he was running in teh 1320....

He has donut sized wheels up front, with a nearly-needing-to-be-tubbed rear end. His car lurched pretty hard when he gassed it...so I'm not doubting his HP numbers being in the high hundreds...I'm also not throwing out the fact that a bottle might have been used...which then, wouldn't surprise me...

Remember, we're in "teh durty sowth boway"...redneck muscle round here runs rampant....

·
Registered
822 Posts
oicdn said:
Hahaha, I was thinkin the same thing...the guy was caged and everything, it was a sight to see...I couldn't even hear my bike at that speed, (and without snorkels and cat, that's pretty effin loud) all I hear is his car. But I guess he knew what he was doing, cause he didn't pull from me at all, even between shifts...we stayed neck and neck...well, he was ahead, but still, that's pretty damn scary....

If the car has a cage in it then chances are he's under 12.99, anything faster than that and you have to run a full cage to race in the nhra. My 94 impala ss runs 12's with street tires, and its putting over 500hp to the ground, but its a 4200lb car. It still gets my blood pumping when a car can give me a good run for my money, its impressive.

I can remember racing a 71 camaro on my 91 Yamaha V-max when I was about 19yrs old. I just barely beat him, and this was light to light, 1/8th mile racing. Anyone who's ever ridden a v-max know that nothing touches it in the 8th mile. For the record, the camaro was running a supercharged big block, what a beautiful sound that came out of that car.

Last year I got into a high speed race with a BMW 850, tuned by Dinan, spposedly only one of 10 in the country. On the ocean parkway here in long island there is an improptu car show every saturday, you see some really cool stuff out there. I met this guy at the parking lot after our race, he said he was doing 145 when he creeped by my. My harley was pinned at 120 on the speedo and still accelerating, but he had aerodynamics on me by a long shot.

·
Registered
822 Posts
spalding12 said:
it is UNlikely that someone was running at low 10-second car on the street, which is what IT WOULD HAVE TO HAVE BEEN to do what you said

What? I can rattle off at least ten people I know who drive 10 sec cars on a weekly basis, some of them use them every day. A late model camaro or subaru wrx with a 300hp or better NO2 system will churn out some crazy times, thats without any internal motor modifications. Thats a daily driver, they are out there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
a B5 S4 (2.7L Bi-Turbo) w/ newer larger turbos(k04s) will push mid 400's without much extra done to it too. You would have no idea sitting next to it at a light, much less pulling up to it on the road. A chipped version of that B5 is a pretty narly ride. If the camero had a bottle in it w/ a lightened curb weight i could see it happen.
The RS6 will keep up with most 600s or better them in a 1/4... thats ~450hp i think (4.2L Bi-Turbo)??

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah...I saw the guy was pretty shocked I stayed next to him...kinda like the look of "oh shit...this bike stayed next to me!" look. So, Even though I got beat, I'm pretty stoked now that I think about it, that he didn't gain on me...believe me...this car was a beast in the acceleration dept....

·
Registered
617 Posts
Oicdn: Where are you in Florida? Maybe I can put my NSX up against the brute. Of course you'll waste me! I'll sacrifice my manhood in a stock car against your bike. After all, I only have 270 HP. I'd settle for ONE cheetah-power after that other post!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts