MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bandit:Never have liked it from the start. But I love the bike! Red/Silver. Now after dropping it, I need a fix. Got lucky, just need help with a replacement clutch lever(OEM) and a better kick stand, longer or maybe non-auto retracting? Mirror and bar end got scratched but it could have been so much worse. I have heard horror stories about these side stands. Please help me stay on my feet. Thanks.:)

·
Registered
14,209 Posts
auto POS?

Doc Stricker;
1st welcome aboard the Forum......

sorry about the mishap.....whoever came up with the auto return side stand should have been castrated a long time ago

what you need is part #800098707 page A01 of the parts book item #22

http://store.proitalia.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=800098707

the manuals are available in the 'Maintenance Section"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool! Thanks folks. My day just got a lot better. Was really bummed out. Any leads on an original clutch lever? Looks to be magnesium? Thks again. :), Doc

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
The standard clutch (and brake) levers are anodized aluminum.
Full RRP in the USA looks to be around $100 per.
I have no doubt that someone on the forum will have a spare one.
I'd suggest postiing up a thread in the For Sale / Wanted section of the forum and see if you get any bites.

·
Vendor
5,154 Posts
Doc,sorry to hear about your misshap,I bought a Moto Corse stand off Alex at GP Racing.20mm longer and fits perfect and I adjust it just slightly firm so you have to push it right back with your foot. lg565283326.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi thanks Mitch. I'm going to try bending the bracket on the spring first, but I think the longer stand might work best for my short legs. Thks again, Doc.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Doc,sorry to hear about your misshap,I bought a Moto Corse stand off Alex at GP Racing.20mm longer and fits perfect and I adjust it just slightly firm so you have to push it right back with your foot. View attachment 72136
Hey Mitch,
When I google GP Racing all I get is cart racing stuff. Do you have a link?

·
Registered
14,209 Posts
Hi thanks Mitch. I'm going to try bending the bracket on the spring first, but I think the longer stand might work best for my short legs. Thks again, Doc.
a longer stand will make the bike taller:)

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
You can stop the stand from self retracting by gently hammering the bottom end of the C shaped spring retainer to the left with a rubber mallet until the stopping pin passes the mid-line between the two holes at each end.

Si

1 - 17 of 17 Posts