MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, after a month of being away from my baby, i finally got to take her for a ride again today. i hooked up the battery and to my amazment, she fired right up. i guess maybe the 3 week battery killer isn't so true? or maybe if you leave it hooked up? idk. oh well. anyways, i gave her a quick clean/ inspection and took off to the gas station. i knew she was low on gas, so i prayed i would make it to my destination. i get going and everything is going well. i go around a corner and she almost dies on me! so, i figure, don't lean too much and i should be fine. right? ugh. well, i get to the gate and she dies on me. sitting there in traffic with a green light. luckily, i hadn't gone out to the intersection yet! well, i'm sitting there, hoping for a tiny bit of fuel just to get me across the intersection. vroom, she fires up. i scurry across the intersection and get to the base gas station. they only have mid-grade here, so i only put in enough to get me to a real station. half a gallon should do it! so, i fire her back up and rode down to get some good gas. fill 'er up and go about my business. damn i missed my bike!! i almost forgot how amazing these things ride!

anyways, sorry for the long post about pretty much nothing. just thought i'd tell a story. :)

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
haha....welcome back dude.

sounds like my husky dying in the intersection.... :)

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol! thanks. it's just a matter of time before she goes in for paint! i can't wait!

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dova80 said:
What are you going to paint on her?
hehehe...

i'm going to try to get some quotes today after work. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
antonioshabirto said:
hey bro dont forget my stuff :tongue:
don't worry, you're still my top priority! :)

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
J_Spec said:
hehehe...

i'm going to try to get some quotes today after work. :)
youve lost your freakin mind! :laughing:

I will be curious what kind of money you are going ot have to spend for that...

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dova80 said:
youve lost your freakin mind! :laughing:

I will be curious what kind of money you are going ot have to spend for that...
yes i have! :)

i'm curious as well. shouldn't be too much. only one way to find out, tho! :f4:

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
nick, what happened? i thought you were the minimalist guy?

i'll bet the liquid paint from moto corse will be cheaper than getting all that detail....

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
J_Spec said:
yes i have! :)

i'm curious as well. shouldn't be too much. only one way to find out, tho! :f4:
Good luck to you brother! I dont know how much its going to be but I bet its going to be expensive!

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
d-_-b Tamburini d-_-b said:
(Price aside) You might me better off just sending your fairings to alex, because you know he won't screw up the design, and he knows how the colors are supposed to go.
very true, but the Japanese are really crazy about perfection.

i don't think it'll cost TOO much. around $2k is what i'm expecting, even with the air brushing. i'm not going to be sending it into paint for at least a month. i know it won't be ready before Moto GP later this month.

as far as the minimalist. yes, i have had second thoughts about using this paint scheme [and just keeping the bike solid silver], but at the same time, i'll be the only one in the world with it. so it's kind of a toss-up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts