MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There I was driving down the road in my work truck. Minding my own business, when this red and black Brutale rides by. Accidentally I catch it in the corner of my eye. I tried to look away but my head snapped back. I stayed close for about 30 or 40 seconds. That's all it took. Now I have a sickness. It's eating on my mind 24/7. I can't get it outa my mind. I started going through all my old magazines for anything about Brutale's.

I never wanted one before. 750's are too dinky. 910's got my attention though. But now a 1078. God help me. I gotta have one. I can't live without it.

My sons Speed Triple is soon to be going on hard times.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Welcome aboard. You have been lurking here a while, huh? You will love the Brutale. You will feel the same way about it when it is in your garage as you do now.

CAG

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CAG said:
Welcome aboard. You have been lurking here a while, huh? You will love the Brutale. You will feel the same way about it when it is in your garage as you do now.

CAG
Yes, I'm sure I will. I just hope the other bikes will learn to get along.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Welcome :)

But please don't call my 750 dinky--Meet me at the track, or your favorite canyon, and if you beat me, then you can call it dinky.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Dinky 750? Not how I'd describe it as I quite like the 750. It is what it is--fast, fun and furious, and can be domesticated for city use. I'd love to talk cock over engine size, blah, blah...but I'd rather the bike speak for itself, if you know what I mean.

Now the big brute is of course a very interesting proposition. Could be a nice ride or simply an ego trip. Who's to say until we get the first ride reports...from you maybe?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Brute 750's ridden properly eat speed triples for breakfast!

I would love a ride of a 1078 just to see.. but I think it's overkill for a naked.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't mean any disrespect to the 750's. Any bike with 105HP is very fast, like someone said, if ridden properly.

As far as beating a Speed triple, I doubt it. Speed triples have 120 RWHP and more importantly 70 ft lbs of torque. Even a 910 only has 65 ft lbs, and about the same HP.

I'm expecting a 1078 to have at least 135 RWHP or more, and hopefully at least 70 ft lbs. That ought to be enough to to tell a Speed triple to shut the f up.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Biknut said:
I didn't mean any disrespect to the 750's. Any bike with 105HP is very fast, like someone said, if ridden properly.

As far as beating a Speed triple, I doubt it. Speed triples have 120 RWHP and more importantly 70 ft lbs of torque. Even a 910 only has 65 ft lbs, and about the same HP.

I'm expecting a 1078 to have at least 135 RWHP or more, and hopefully at least 70 ft lbs. That ought to be enough to to tell a Speed triple to shut the f up.
Hmm...Well, if you're drag racing, maybe the speed triple will out-run my 'lowly' 750 (though rwhp is a bit higher than 105), but handling is FAR superior on the MV--it's really no comparison. Ride one and you won't be dissapointed.

Really, the 910's aren't much if any faster than the 750's, just a little more tractable on the street, due to more torque and slower revving (reaching peak power at a lower rpm).

I'm expecting the difference btwn the 910 and the 1078 to be about the same--a slower revving, slightly torquier motor.
The only reasons I can see to get the 1078 over the 989 is for the monoblocks, slipper clutch and lighter wheels.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
fazer6 said:
Welcome :)

But please don't call my 750 dinky--Meet me at the track, or your favorite canyon, and if you beat me, then you can call it dinky.
Quite right. If you can't make the little ones dance, you can't make the big ones dance. If you *can* make the little ones dance, you don't need a big one. ;)

See also: emmvee's sig line. ;)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
fazer6 said:
Hmm...Well, if you're drag racing,
If you're drag racing.... you need to buy a different bike or you need to move.... To a place where there's something more to do than ride in a straight line.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Man we can talk all we want about the size of the mill but we all know its just a bored and stroked 910. Where is the kit, and for goodness sake can we get one with out a corse price tag. Falicon!!! Weisco??? JE??

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I'm not about to argue that Brutale's don't handle well. If some say the 750's handle the best of all so be it, because I've never ridden any Brutale. I've never read anywhere, where anyone said any bike handled better than a Brutale. That being said,

I have ridden my sons 1050 Speed Triple off and on all this summer. I can speak a little bit about it. I think it's fair to say it's the number one competition for a Brutale, and frequently rated ahead of Brutale's in magazine comparisons over all. The Speed Triple is the best handling bike I'VE ever ridden. It goes around corners like it's on rails. It's also dead smooth at all speeds. It feels fast when I romp it through the gears, but when just riding around town it feels like a pussy cat. Even my Sportster with 80 FT LBs of torque at the rear wheel feels faster till that thing gets reving. After that it's bye-bye. For $10,000 it's a real bargain. There's really just one thing that keeps me from ever wanting one, and that's because to me, it looks as attractive as an old mans ass. Really, that's even being kind.

Brutales on the other hand look great going down the road. Where I live here in Dallas, you have to ride 150 miles to find a curve in the road. The first 50 miles just getting out of town. Mainly what people do with them here is pop wheelies on the freeway at 70 mph and race around town cruising about 130 MPH at night.

The reason I know is because when I ride home from my kung fu school, I'll be riding my Sportster along doing about 120 on LBJ and a whole pack of Sport bikes will pass me going 20 or 30 MPH faster than me on Thursday nights about midnight.

When I get mine, I'll probably be doing the same thing, except the 70 MPH wheelies. At 54 I'm not quite as dareing as I used to be.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Well, the Brutale is no pussy cat around town, it's an angry little bitch that mocks you if not ridden to her heart's desire.

Based on what you've been saying, you haven't convinced me that you're right for a Brutale (and MV chooses YOU! - Riders who don't suit MV's but are riding MV's nonetheless are identifiable a mile away and look ridiculous). But it takes all types and that's just my opinion.. it's yours that counts.

Having said that have you considered a Tuono? :nutkick:

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
6,135 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have read every naked bike shoot out ever published and the only ways the triples outperform the 910 are on price point improved lack of nimbleness and increased bulky bike weight. also I feel it important to mention if you do go speeding home on your new Brutale, you could experince some uncomfortable chaffing from the kung fu "gi" flapping about.... in an airport and can't help myself.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Well, for the type of riding you describe--a triumph may be your best bet--only maybe you want a rocket 3.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't blame any of you for making fun of a Kung fu school, with Mixed Martial arts being all the rage now. We are kind of odd anyway really. WWW.hungfist.com

I do give you my respect for not making fun of my Sportster though. That shows a lot of class.

I'm pretty sure a Brutale will be a good fit for me. I've never owned a 4 cylinder bike. All the ones I've ridden felt gutless unless you ring their necks. This will be my first, but with a Brutale I don't think I'll have to worry about it being gutless.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I'm pretty sure a Brutale will be a good fit for me. I've never owned a 4 cylinder bike. All the ones I've ridden felt gutless unless you ring their necks. This will be my first, but with a Brutale I don't think I'll have to worry about it being gutless.[/QUOTE]

The Triple is a GREAT BIKE! It was my first bike and still a favorite. The BRUTALE on the other hand will suck you in and steal your heart!! It will consume you and make you addicted for life!! You will find that this forum is like a rehab for MV junkies, some who control there habits and others who just never know when to stop. If you decide to ride a BRUTALE you will be hooked and become one of us!! Welcome aboard and now you can never go back!! :f4:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts