MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
If your not used to major diagnostic work you should definitely not ride it and bring it to a shop. If it was mine i would check the spark plugs and fuel puns and injectors. If you had a mechanical problem with the engine most likely you would know... I’m not sure about these bikes but if there is a code or the computer thinks there is a problem some go into a limp mode and will run but won’t give you power.

·
Administrator
19,837 Posts
Well......no Fault Codes in the dash, so nothing the ECU thinks is wrong with sensors.

I have seen some Jap bikes that broke the catalytic convertor honeycomb and had similar symptoms. Easy to inspect with a bore scope after you pull the exhaust. Usually the result of overheating from an aftermarket muffler (more flow with no compensation), or race fuel in a bike not tuned for it.

Maybe some one else will have some ideas????

·
Registered
823 Posts
Sounds like coils/plugs to me. Pretty low k's for the other possibles you mentioned. I've experienced the same problems on mine that were coil/plug related, but mines getting on in years and doesn't have all the exhaust valve etc. shit on it that your's has. Check those first before you get mired in too technical shit.

Cheers

Deano

·
Super Moderator
22,332 Posts
Since you had a major service done recently, I will fall back on the old premise that is probably related to that work.

I would be checking all connections disturbed by the service. I'd start along the spark path, battery supply (i.e. ground connections, battery connections).

Eliminate the simple first.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I would side with the others saying to check the exhaust, and also go through what the dealer did.. Loose connection on the plug could be a culprit for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts