MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
then i ran out of gas. gas light didn't come on, but i remember it used to come on at around 130ish or something. float may be stuck or something, but i didn't think that many miles were possible...and that wasn't just granny cruising either.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've gotten 166 out of mine, then got scared and filled up. Does the fuel light come on or does it flash at all when you get real low? Just curious as mine just came on and was solid the whole time.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
it should just stay solid. i almost ran out of gas in an intersection. i got lucky. lol. i think you have about 22 miles after the light comes on? i could be wrong.

oh, gsxr - master shake is the shit. :yo:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi all i have achieved an averidge of 16.2 km/litre at 150 to 160 km/h on a long yourney and that is vantastic on a 312 R.light were flashing after 330 km and had to fill up and it took 20.4 litres of feul,now that is going for ya

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
style_one said:
then i ran out of gas. gas light didn't come on, but i remember it used to come on at around 130ish or something. float may be stuck or something, but i didn't think that many miles were possible...and that wasn't just granny cruising either.

Its always good practice to reset your trip meter at fillup,so you dont run dry.
Good mileage Style one.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah it was good mileage...till it ran out. :silly:

i always reset the trip meter, but it was like my 3rd ride of the year and i didn't know the light wasn't working. i do remember that the light would come on around 130 or so. i am impressed because i had been pretty heavy on the throttle. but the 750 will always get better mileage than the 1000. now i need to fix the light, but only as a convenient reminder.

·
Registered
689 Posts
My 750 used to show the fuel light at around 165 in everyday riding. The 312 lights up at 125. I can't remember what kind of mileage I'd get on the 750 if I was out having fun. I didn't usually check in those situations. Our local fun loops have gas stops that let us fill up before the reserve light comes on anyway.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
having to call a friend to bring a gas can to the local hangout spot wasn't too glorious. i tried to hide the gas can, but i got found out. oh well, better than being on the side of the road. :laughing:

·
Registered
418 Posts
I was on a moto benefit rally ride last weekend (1000s), light came on as usual at about 130, i thought how embarassing to have to stop for gas during a benefit rally, but at 166 i was just too nervous and stopped for gas, so I know i can go at least 165. My zumo also has gas guage function which is very convenient, at the alert distance it notifies of low gas and shows closest stations.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts