MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as you guys know I installed the full MV titanium exhaust in the summertime. I was looking forward to putting in the EPROM from the exhaust hoping it'd fix my air/fuel mess since my brutale simply was an angry bitch waiting to bite my head off at a bump in the road. However, i figured rather than doing the EPROM route with the problems I was having, I might as well get the full PCIII and custom map done.

BOY did it make a difference. My appointment at Hare Racing finally arrived (first thing i setup when I got back in town and finished jury duty) and wow.. i road back with all smiles. The bike runs extremely smoothe now, no power gaps, no throttle jumpiness, no more fear of those big bumps (even with a relaxed riding position...) on the freeway. I also found a missing 10 HP :)

Blue first run, Red second run.

Attachments

·
Registered
803 Posts
Good thing you got it mapped. It looked dangerously lean at 5K.

·
Registered
685 Posts
so now u have a S4R or RS. Nah, i like my sh!t freaky.
im sure now urs is nice.

admin said:
So.....BOY did it make a difference. My appointment at Hare Racing finally arrived (first thing i setup when I got back in town and finished jury duty) and wow.. i road back with all smiles. The bike runs extremely smoothe now, no power gaps, no throttle jumpiness, no more fear of those big bumps (even with a relaxed riding position...) on the freeway. I also found a missing 10 HP :)

Blue first run, Red second run.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Will thies PCIII and custom map work for my 2004 Brutale 750? I am looking to decrease the abrupt throttle and the surge at 4 grand. Let me know please. Also...what is the cost on said upgrades?

·
Registered
233 Posts
ATL750BRUTE said:
Will thies PCIII and custom map work for my 2004 Brutale 750? I am looking to decrease the abrupt throttle and the surge at 4 grand. Let me know please. Also...what is the cost on said upgrades?
the pcIII + map makes the torque curve flatter and usually adds a few ft-lbs all the way along the torque curve. don't expect it to "fix" the abrupt throttle response or you will be disappointed. sometimes it can help make the bike run a little smoother, but the best fix for on/off choppiness is a smooth hand and a properly adjusted chain tension.

pcIII is like $300 +/- and a custom map is $200 +/-.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts