MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had to Drive to Boston to get it this weekend. It was worth every bit of the 24 hour round trip drive time. New pics in the registry too.
The bike it self is not in bad condition. The stock body work has been replaced with Sharkskins glass that were on Dwight Mitchell's bike that was raced at the Isle of Man http://www.dm8.com/main.htm as well as the Ohlins shock from the race bike. The previous owner had also totaled an SPR so I got the cans from the SPR that were never run and a full RG3 system. The bike came with a the following parts new in factory packaging:
Set of mirrors in red
Pair of fairing Stays
Seat
Magnesium rear wheel nut
Revell 1/6 scale model
A bunch of bags of factory hardware
37, 39 and 40 tooth sprockets
Unused sprocket carrier
RG3 Chip
SPR Chip
New screen (on the bike)
Brembo Radial Brake Pump (on the bike)
Lots of Misc Parts
Shop Manual
Owners Manual
Parts Manual
All Documentation and reciepts with title

The bike has all stock parts mounted as well. I did manage to ride the bike on Monday and it runs like a clock. I cant wait to ride it with the carbon wheels, Ohlins and RG3 though. Being that it is winter here, I will spend the next couple months painting and repairing and making it look pretty. It looks like I have the boss talked into producing rearsets and a triple too.

I got it all for a song too!

Ride safe if you have the weather!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Chris, you must be the happiest bloke on the planet!
Looks to be a great purchase, and the finished bike will be a stunner!!

Whats that white stuff in the pictures??

Oh, its been explained as snow, a cold annoying substance that stops you riding....not really something we get in Aus!

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
Congrats on picking up your bike, i know it is fun to customize a new one, so i can only imagine the pure exiliratoin you will have bringing your bike back to life! Judging from all that parts you will be able to mix and match a ton of things, have fun and keep us all updated on your progress.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the good cheer. I am so stoked I can't even tell you. I'm just glad that I keep my bikes at work or I probably would have just stayed home looking at it. So far I have not done much to it. I pulled the tips off of the RG3 system and stripped the anodizing so I can have them done in a different color. I am sending the Ohlins off to Section 8 Superbike for a rebuild and new spring. I have decided to put full carbon Dymags on this bike since I have the Carbon/Magnesium wheels coming for the 996. I could still change my mind on that depending on the paint job. The bitch is that I have a set of both for the MV in stock and ready to bolt on. This job can be very hazardous. My boss handed me a full carbon swingarm for the 996 today that he brought back from his Dymag visit. It is unreal!
To the paint question. This is a hard bike to figure a paint scheem for because there are already so many cool ones that it is very tempting to do a factory paint job but I have to do somthing completely different. It has been keeping me up at night. I will come up with somthing cool though. I just have to keep looking at it, in fact I think I will go do that now.
See ya!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts