MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold the ducati, which was hard, your suppose to happy to sell something but i was sad to see it go, but now a proud owner of a new black 07 f4 1000r fresh out of the crate. Couple questions to ask.

1. Is 16,995 OTD + state tax a good price, i thought it was.

2. is anybody having trouble with engine that rides these thing hard, seems like lots of people are buying these for show, i'm planning beating the crap out of this thing like it was meant to be run, the ducati didn't like that I was hoping this works better.

3. I've read few issue, the fan blades, runs little hot (ducati did too)just drive faster , aggressive riding postion.(ducati too)

4. already ordered slip on, mid pipe, ECU, BMC filter
Muzzy fan will be next in spring.

5. bar risers anybody have comments on these and what kind using? I heard the 07's are little different step.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Congrats mrdon003 !

The issues you point out are of course the cooling system woes.
Your lower fan WILL melt on the edges. They dont like anything over 25c, they just get so hot in traffic. If you stay out on the country roads, no probs there.

Getting the midpipe and race ECU is essential, you lose the 5k surge and should get cooler running temps.

Apart from this everything else is sheer bliss!!! Enjoy mate.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
congrats on the bike 003!!

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Congrats, nice choice and welcome!

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Welcome aboard. Do you have a receipt for the bike because it sounds like you stole it. Great Price. There are a few members here fiddling with their bikes cooling systems. I think Lee is on the right track. (He got is 1098 tc fixed!)

Ride it first, see if you have a heating problem. It will run hotter than the Ducati.

CAG

·
Registered
25 Posts
mrdon003,
That is a GREAT price. US$ 3,000 less than I paid for mine.
You should be really happy with that purchase, price wise.
But getting the MV is the best part!
Congratulations.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the bike was slotted for a demo bike, but never used, still in crate, thats why the price was low, its considered a demo, there giving me 10% off parts which gonna save me 225.00 on the pipe and stuff. he had another demo with 321 miles for 15,995 but was little to late, somebody put a down payment on it that morning, thats the one i was gonna get.. luckly he had this one left. :highclap:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Welcome mrdon003 and congrats.

First, these machines deserve respect. It's not polite to tell your new mistress right out of the crate that you are going to "beat the crap" out of her.

Be careful what you wish for, and hence, be smart and ride safe. We'd like you to be a member here for awhile.

Good-luck, Peter

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i'm going to brake it in first, i guess i should of said, i'm going to run it hard but i'm gonna take care of it too. my ducati had a problem with oil coming out of every nook and cranny when it was run hard.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
mrdon003 said:
i'm going to brake it in first, i guess i should of said, i'm going to run it hard but i'm gonna take care of it too. my ducati had a problem with oil coming out of every nook and cranny when it was run hard.
I think that goes without saying on Italian bikes, of course very minor leaks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts