MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read numerous articles about people dropping their bikes or crashing. I have always felt for them, but I never thought it would happen to me. I live in Portland, Oregon and was trailering up to Seattle, Washington for a service. It's about 170 miles oneway. I get to Seattle and have some time to kill (couple of hours) so I go watch a high school football practice. I friend walks up and says let me see you baby. As I open the trailer door like a proud father, my mouth dropped when I saw my bike on it's side. :jsm: I could have kicked my own ass. :bash: I don't know how or when it happen, but I do know that I am not very happy with myself right now. I didn't have the side panels on, but I do have a large scratch on the tail section and a couple of scrapes on the nose fairing. I'm not as upset as I thought I'd be, but it has taken effect on my day. I will post pics when I get back home. I was having such a good day. :nutkick:

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
OUCH!!!! :shitfan:

I am so sorry that it happened to you, I think I can imagine how you feel... was the frame damaged/scratched?

I suppose the bike wasn't secured very well, if you don't mind, when you get a chance can you give us a report on how the bike was secured and such,?perhaps we can learn a lesson here...

I am so sorry that this has happened, please let us know what you need, perhaps somebody here can help you back on the road with your baby sooner by sending you a few spare parts.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
I think our ego and vanity can be bruised in situations like this, but we should remember that these bikes are not meant to be standing my itself(needs a kick stand) and it's hard to argue with 450 lbs falling over when it has leaned over a few degrees too too far.

It happenes, but it hurts... good luck with fixing it, and keep us updated.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I hope you can put this in the past and go on and ENJOY YOUR SELF as I`ve seen you do so many times on this forum

·
Registered
187 Posts
This sucks, sorry about your mishap, don't be too hard with yourself!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Unfortunate...but I can relate and appreciated your advice when I watched my friend drop mine in his driveway. I've had a few drops of my own over the years. But it sounds like it could have been worse.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
double-d-nuts, Dude, gravity sucks, we are all wishing this didn't happen to you.

Sounds like nothing too serious, but its gonna cost you a couple bucks...

You know what though, you own the right motorcycle, guys who drop Hondas have to fix Hondas, and then they will ride them again...You will be riding one of the finest motorcycles in the world.

Go ride it with it's scratches for now, the motor is juuuust fine.

Godspeed to a quick recovery, get well soon.

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Ouch! DDnuts, that sucks. Check your tie down set-up in the trailer, they may be too close or too far apart which lets the tiedowns loosen up.

BTW, I met you at laguna two-years ago (on cannery row) and again this year. I hope to pick up an f4R before next year.
Rob

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ah, man, it sucks dropping a bike as nice as an MV is...This is where solid rearsets (unlike the stock ones that fold) hold up and protect most of the side of the bike. My Sato's have prevented damage when I accidently lost my balance in the garage.

·
Registered
257 Posts
That sucks! Don't be to hard on yourself, can happen to anyone. I dropped a previous bike in my garage.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey guys, thanks for the kind words. Makes me feel quite a bit better. I hung out with Kamran tonight in Kirkland, Wa. Lots of fun and I forgot about my fcuk up...ok, I didn't really, but siht happens. Kamran told me he has a painter that he uses that could make the scratches go away. Hooray for me! :yo:
Well, I have used and will continue to use the STStand. For those that don't know about it. It secures the bike by using a bar through the rear wheel into the stand, no need for tie downs. Great invention. I think I didn't have the stand secured into it's base therefore causing me to have stomach and headaches. I tell you, that bike sure didn't feel like 450lbs. when I jumped in and picked it up. Must have been adrenaline. I now have it secured and tied down with front straps for added protection. I will post pics of the scratches when I get home.

RobP, welcome and I do remember you. I hope you get the F4R, that bike is so sick.

twoeleven, thanks. I will ride it with the scratches...chicks dig scratches.

I leave this Saturday for the Bonneville Salt Flats and on the way I will find out the top speed. Wish me luck. :friday:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Sorry to hear about the spill Derek. :eek: Have fun at Bonneville though and don't forget to post plenty of pics. :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts