MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently started a thread, Which one would you choose? Well I went with Bike 2....settlment was today and I pick it up tomorrow. :toothless :smoking: :toothless .

I am suffering a little from wether I chose the right bike or not as the bike was not quite as described by the salesman. There is a 2-3 inch scratch on the front bottom/side edge of the fairing and the pipes are not RG3's but RG3 modified but it does have the Marchesini's and...I can't believe tomorrow I'll be the proud owner of an MV. :toothless :toothless :toothless

For those who followed the other thread it is a Biposto so no wifey dramas... not that she'd dare mess with a mans MV :rant: :bash: :crazyeyes

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Pics please. There, I beat both Odonata and Alvin to it. As for the scratch mate, there's plenty of cheap fairing panels on ebay Rockethouse, Congrats on your purchase. Everybody seems to be getting a new bike at the mo don't they Alvin :stickpoke

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Admin...were you sleeping???

Rocket....well done mate, you will not sleep tonight, but I guess you know that!!

No doubt you will let us know about first ride, first impressions, first modification planned... :)

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
john said:
Pics please. There, I beat both Odonata and Alvin to it. As for the scratch mate, there's plenty of cheap fairing panels on ebay Rockethouse, Congrats on your purchase. Everybody seems to be getting a new bike at the mo don't they Alvin :stickpoke
Wait a minute! I never cared about the registry and pix, all I have been doing is to :stickpoke :stickpoke :stickpoke :stickpoke admin about buying a MV.

wow, Congrats Rockethouse!! I am very happy for you, this must be like a dream come true, what are you going to take to help you fall asleep tonight? a baseball bat to the head? :spank: :spank: :drummer: :guitarist :drummer: :guitarist :flash: :silly:

the wait for my Senna is simply fucking unbearable. :eek:nthecan: :eek:nthecan: :conveyer: :eek:nthecan: :conveyer: :eek:nthecan:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
odonata said:
the wait for my Senna is simply fucking unbearable. :eek:nthecan: :eek:nthecan: :conveyer: :eek:nthecan: :conveyer: :eek:nthecan:

Are we going to give you some stick mate when the Senna finally turns up! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :naughty: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys...I'll get pics as soon as I can, embarrassingly I can’t find the battery charger for the camera and the batteries are flat but I'll see what I can do.

As for sleep...I hardly slept last night waiting for settlement to go through and I'm hoping that the nice bottle of red and ale's I've consumed tonight might help...for the record I'm not that much of a drinker (anymore) so if this doesn't work I'll be an entirely different kind of pissed :toothless .

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
john said:
Are we going to give you some stick mate when the Senna finally turns up! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :naughty: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I have a feeling when the time finally comes I will rather enjoy it. :toothless please use those sticks in your avatar... this reminds me of that rodent joke again:laughing:
I'll get pics as soon as I can, embarrassingly I can’t find the battery charger for the camera and the batteries are flat
Now that is a good one... don't want to share any picture of your honey moon? :humpother or are you trying to start a race with brady280 and a few other new owners to see who could tolerate Alvin's stick longer? :idea: :rant: :naughty: :laughing: :naughty: :laughing:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Congrats on the bike....
As for the scratches, not to worry! Any good painter can touch it up and you won't be able to even know it was there.

All they'll do, is build it up with touch up paint to the point that it is lumpy. Then you ride it back home and after a few days when it is completely dry, you go back. They then take a blade to remove the excess paint. Then wet sand it to get it smooth, and finally buff it out... and you are done. The cost will be around $100, and you are as good as new... :king:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
odonata said:
Hmmmmm, where is he and pix of his bike? :stickpoke

Another newly wed couple... :laughing:
:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Well I picked up the bike yesterday :guitarist :king: and am very happy with it though the bike shop soured the it a little by being tight arses... :eek:nthecan:

First let me ask what you all think, I negotiated a ride away price with what I thought was 12 months rego, then they tell me no they are only paying for 3. I let them know I was not happy and they later tell me that it's ok because the bike is actually still registered for 6 months so I asked them if they were going to throw the 3 months in on top and they said NO...they were going to keep that money...after further voicing my disapproval they said I was welcome to use that money (AU$119) in the accessories shop and that because of this mix up and the purchase that they would look after me with any accessories.

So I go in to pick the bike up, pay the balance, picked out $1300 worth of gear and went to pay for it and he deducts the $119 (for the rego) and asks for the balance...no discount...I question this and he said the $119 was the discount and that if he gives it to me any cheaper it will be below cost...at this point I'm looking for the hidden camera...so I reminded them they were supposed to be looking after me with this purchase, he asks me what would I consider fair so I said 20% he and said they would knock $100 off and that’s it so I said no thanks went around the corner and got more than 10% discount on the same gear from a bike shop I didn't just spend $28,000 at.

Big rant for a little thing but this sort of thing irritates me and sadly this was not the extent of their less than satisfying service.

My ride was even more eventful. After the bike was getting cooked in traffic (it was 33C yesterday) I got to the start of the freeway to head into the hill and as Is was hot I lane split to the front and took off an old guy beeps me when I take off and further up the road beeps again and motions me to pull over...I was thinking that something was hanging off the bike but no he tells me that I was over the solid white line at the front and that’s against the law and the way I took off (guys it was slow new bike and all) was driving without due care and that he was going to report me. :wtf: He's lucky I'm not the sort of person that would knock him out for that but I must say part of me wanted to.

I'm out of time now but will continue on with my impressions of the bike and why I now have to replace my front guard. Photos soon.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Sorry to hear you've had some hassle on what should be a memorable day. Seems it was anyway but for the wrong reasons. I think you were very tolerant of the old tw*t in the car. I'd have told him to go forth and multiply. :laughing: :laughing:

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Rockethouse said:

Well I picked up the bike yesterday :guitarist :king: and am very happy with it though the bike shop soured the it a little by being tight arses... :eek:nthecan:

First let me ask what you all think, I negotiated a ride away price with what I thought was 12 months rego, then they tell me no they are only paying for 3. I let them know I was not happy and they later tell me that it's ok because the bike is actually still registered for 6 months so I asked them if they were going to throw the 3 months in on top and they said NO...they were going to keep that money...after further voicing my disapproval they said I was welcome to use that money (AU$119) in the accessories shop and that because of this mix up and the purchase that they would look after me with any accessories.

So I go in to pick the bike up, pay the balance, picked out $1300 worth of gear and went to pay for it and he deducts the $119 (for the rego) and asks for the balance...no discount...I question this and he said the $119 was the discount and that if he gives it to me any cheaper it will be below cost...at this point I'm looking for the hidden camera...so I reminded them they were supposed to be looking after me with this purchase, he asks me what would I consider fair so I said 20% he and said they would knock $100 off and that’s it so I said no thanks went around the corner and got more than 10% discount on the same gear from a bike shop I didn't just spend $28,000 at.

Big rant for a little thing but this sort of thing irritates me and sadly this was not the extent of their less than satisfying service.

My ride was even more eventful. After the bike was getting cooked in traffic (it was 33C yesterday) I got to the start of the freeway to head into the hill and as Is was hot I lane split to the front and took off an old guy beeps me when I take off and further up the road beeps again and motions me to pull over...I was thinking that something was hanging off the bike but no he tells me that I was over the solid white line at the front and that’s against the law and the way I took off (guys it was slow new bike and all) was driving without due care and that he was going to report me. :wtf: He's lucky I'm not the sort of person that would knock him out for that but I must say part of me wanted to.

I'm out of time now but will continue on with my impressions of the bike and why I now have to replace my front guard. Photos soon.
Congrats on the new ride, finally! I am sorry to hear that it wasn't a picture perfect day :cross: from my experience of buying bikes here in the states, 15% discount on acc. after purchasing of a bike is normal,
I negotiated a ride away price with what I thought was 12 months rego.
did they advertise it that way?

Wow, I thought road rage was a southern California specialty, I guess the old guy had nothing better to do with his time?! here in L.A. one would be crazy to do a thing like that without wearing ballistic armor and packing... just curious, is it legal to split lanes in AU? are there any specific rules on it(i.e. in heavy traffic, passing lane only, highway only) because it is not legal in every state in the US, luckily it's legal in CA though.

Anyway, enjoy the honeymoon, ride safe!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
These dealers just amaze me, do they stop and think of the potential future dollars you may spend with them? or even the damage to their reputation in this issue being raised in these types of forums... weird, bur you got the bike and if I were you I would be considering a new dealer for the 1000 service and ongoing service work!

Have fun! :)

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
agusta01 said:
These dealers just amaze me, do they stop and think of the potential future dollars you may spend with them? or even the damage to their reputation in this issue being raised in these types of forums... weird, bur you got the bike and if I were you I would be considering a new dealer for the 1000 service and ongoing service work!

Too true Graham, I get great service from my dealer, they have become personal friends in the time I have known them and whilst I choked a bit at the cost of my 600 mile service, I know it's been done properly by professionals. I'm happy to pay for good service with my motorcycles just as in a good restaurant, but pennypinchers are 'penny wise, pound (dollar) foolish. :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Rockethouse said:

Bummer to hear you had such a raw deal on the one of the best days of ownership, at least you can look forward to things only getting better. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
odonata said:
is it legal to split lanes in AU? are there any specific rules on it(i.e. in heavy traffic, passing lane only, highway only) because it is not legal in every state in the US, luckily it's legal in CA though.
It's perfectly legal here with no special rules though that doesn't mean that everyone in cars knows it or likes it . Over the years I've had people open car door pul over to block my path and now and old man want to report me... :cussing: :laughing:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
agusta01 said:

It amazed me too, the problem in my state is they are the only MV dealer...maybe it's time to think about opening another MV bike shop???? :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts