MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
You should thank Alex for breaking it in right for you! Or was he just warming it up a bit? Or maybe my guess is wrong ... is that one of those OC squids riding it? :wtf:

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:p

I asked him to take it out briefly in front of his house so i can get a better perspective of how it sounds :drummer:

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
anothermvfanatic said:
hey alvin, just out of curiosity did that bother you, or?
i'm sure it did. alvin can't do a wheelie...;)

and from the looks of that picture - i can't do much of one either! haha

well, his bike is still here..mine is in parts...ah, here's his key...hmmm...maybe some i need some practice...i'll be back guys....

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I like those kind of wheelies. Now I appreciate the endless ones, but I think the ones under just brute power that hang there under the balance point are my favorite. I dunno, those just float my boat...

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
yeah, i should have thrown on the gear...

but what can possibly happen on the street in front of your house? (famous last words)

all i can say is, team calamari in tha' house!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
hahaha.

sorry, no photos of that, but it was the same stretch of road. i think my neighbors are beginning to really dislike me. hahaha

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Pete - yeah, and I know better too.

On a related note, a guy here in So. Cal. lost his life at a recent track day. The kicker is that it happened when he was riding his bike back from tech inspection! He wasn't even on the track.

I'll wear all my gear. Sorry.

Alex

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Alex,

Same kind of mishap nearly happened to me. Was at <10mph and went headover, right around the corner from my home. I was wearing gear, but judging from helmet scratches I could have been f**ked up.

Thats why I mention it...

Lets be safe this season guys!

Peter

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
When I dropped my MV last November at 1 mph, there was still enough momentum to push me foward into a roll and my helmet did hit the ground. Granted 1 mph impact probably wouldn't kill me (can you imagine - "Motorcyclist killed in 1 mph crash") but I'd have a good sized bruise on my head.

But I think you should wear gear...or get rid of those tan lines. :laughing:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts