MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, after bad news from Doctors I don't know how long I will live to ride the bike but I jst said the hell with it , still leaving nephew enough money to retire so I will ride it as long as I can Gives me something to look forward to.

Was riding it yesterday and today. its11:30pm now and I am tired so I will give you a short review and comparison to my MV F4RR RC spec.
The Ducati V4S is a great bike. Very comfy for a Superbike. tty8tr

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
i cant like this post
this is not a happy post
never nice to read someone is not doing well health wise

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Good move, Jake. Must be great to be able to fulfill a wish!! Every hour on that thing will be so rewarding!

. . . never nice to read someone is not doing well health wise
True, Rob. But very inspiring to read that Jake is making the most of his time rather than mope around watching Judge Judy and The Kardashians.:grin2:

·
Registered
7,813 Posts
Jake glad to hear you went ahead and got it.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks Nigel, IMO cryimg about the situation accomplished nothing .In fact it wastes time and even under normalday to day life time is the most precious commodity on earth . ou can make more money you vant make more time.Good thing that I retired last June.

Another MV fan I am haing fun owning the Ducati V4 so its a happy thread.LOL
The Ducati V4 is totally different than my beloved F4RR/ Where the F4RR is worked feeling like a race bike with lights ,a high strung engine that has been massaged for the past 20 years to create more HP than its japanese competitors (until the 2020 Honda CBR1000RR) The Ducati V4 engine on the other hand is smooth,refined and POWERFUL strait out of the box.
My skills are no way near good enough to judge the handling of either the V4S or the F4RR at the limit, but my friend is and he has ridden both models. He states the F4RR is a better handling unit across the board To a mortal such as myself the Ducati4 handles well but I can see the mid corner instability watching the V4R in WSBK. The ergonomics of the Ducati V4 isn't good... its VERY good. Even better than the H2, and Kawasaki made a Sport touring version of the H2 called the H2SX. I am now ordering small upgrades like Carbon fiber Tank protector which Ale found for me (ALEX=GP RACING GOES THE EXTRA MILE FOR OU I BUY ALL MY SIGNIFCANT ITEMS FROM HIM) Tail Tidy a must on the V4 as the rear turn signal/tail light/ licence plate set up is BUTT UGLY . Going with EVO tail tidy as its reasonably priced and plug and play. last carbon protection is R&G front tank protectors . about to order CNC frame plugs from ALEX, and waiting on SILVER/RED Tamborini quick release Fuel cap Non Locking I have had keys snap off before and its always when your out in the middle of nowhere LOL take care all , last MotoGP race in 2019 is today

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks Nigel, IMO cryimg about the situation accomplished nothing .In fact it wastes time and even under normalday to day life time is the most precious commodity on earth . ou can make more money you vant make more time.Good thing that I retired last June.

Another MV fan I am haing fun owning the Ducati V4 so its a happy thread.LOL
The Ducati V4 is totally different than my beloved F4RR/ Where the F4RR is worked feeling like a race bike with lights ,a high strung engine that has been massaged for the past 20 years to create more HP than its japanese competitors (until the 2020 Honda CBR1000RR) The Ducati V4 engine on the other hand is smooth,refined and POWERFUL strait out of the box
"Time is the most precious commodity on earth." I love that quote. Sending positives vibes your way.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
well jake i take my hat off to u
ur definately a better person that me i tend to mope around, which clearly gets me nowhere, so i hope i can take a lesson from this thread

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Jake, I believe a life well lived is a culmination of how much happiness we derive from the things we personally experience, combined with how well we impact the lives of our family's next one or two generations, or impact people who matter to us, whether we know them or not. Not asking for agreement on this philosophy. Anyway, I hold great respect for you treasuring your nephew's future as well as wanting to experience life in full. May some miracle come your way. Life is better knowing you.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
THE DUCATI V4 WILL NEVER SURPASS MY WORKED MV F4 RRR/RC SPEC. iT IS THE BEST HANDLING BIKE I HAVE EVER RIDEN OR OWNED. The dealership where I bought the Ducati V4 sells all major EURO and JAPANESE BRANDS.AND THE OWNERS PERSONAL BIKE IS A MV F3800RC THE WORKERS OWN F4/F3 AND BRUTALES SAYING THEY DO TRACKDAYS AND MV IS THE BEST HANDLING MANUFACTURER. YOU CANT GET A MORE UNBIASED STATEMENT THAN THAT BEING THEY CAN RIDE,TEST EVERY MAJOR BRAND ON THE MARKET.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hats Off Sir.
Respect... #MakeLifeARide #LetRideBeYourLife

THE DUCATI V4 WILL NEVER SURPASS MY WORKED MV F4 RRR/RC SPEC. iT IS THE BEST HANDLING BIKE I HAVE EVER RIDEN OR OWNED. The dealership where I bought the Ducati V4 sells all major EURO and JAPANESE BRANDS.AND THE OWNERS PERSONAL BIKE IS A MV F3800RC THE WORKERS OWN F4/F3 AND BRUTALES SAYING THEY DO TRACKDAYS AND MV IS THE BEST HANDLING MANUFACTURER. YOU CANT GET A MORE UNBIASED STATEMENT THAN THAT BEING THEY CAN RIDE,TEST EVERY MAJOR BRAND ON THE MARKET.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I'm glad you decided to get the V4 experience and I can relate to almost everything on your review.
Last month went for a mountain ride with a few fiends and one asked me if I wanted to test the V4 something I normally don't like to do but decided to test it just to know if all that buzz on the V4 was right...and indeed it was>:)
First thing was that I never felt so comfortable seating on a SBK or at least on a Ducati and when twisted the throttle it was a beast and so easy to ride at low rpms. I don't know how the new inline works on the new Brutale but was left wondering what a blast would be to have the look of the new Brutale with a V4 engine.
Anyway enjoy the most and do everything you please.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Great to read that you went and bought it...I got a chuckle out of seeing that you are modding it already, sorry, couldn't help it. We're all the same, hahaha.

·
Vendor
5,443 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear of your illness.
I hope the doctors are wrong.
Also glad you bought the bike.Enjoy and good on you.
Take care.:wink2:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. Give it hell while you can, but try not to end up there yourself ;)

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pablo I will have buddy who is computer savy post pics. Same guy who I lent my 2007 MV F41000RR. YOU GOTTA SEE MY 2012 MV F4RR/RC SPEC WITH SC PROJECT EXHAUST/BODIS HEADERS MICROTEC ICU AND EMC INTAKE. I didn't think the white model would turn out but I ended up being the sharpest bike I own .AND POWER INCREASE IS PHENOMINAL.

PRO RACER BUDDY said my MV F4RR/RC SPEC BIKE WILL POST BETTER LAP TIME THAN THE DUCATI PANIGAL V4S. WHEN PUSHED HARD THE MV F4RR MUCH BETTER HANDLING BIKE THAN THE DUCATI V4S AND POWER ISNT THAT MUCH DIFFERENT.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
FYI For some reason REARSETS for the Ducati V4 are 900$-1100$?? Even WOODCRAFT REARSETS ARE 700$??? Even dying I cant bring myself to spend so much on REASETS. I buy my upgrades from ALEX AT GP RACING (A SITE SUPPORTER) The odd thing is the best quality,(7043 billet vs 6043 billet) most adjustable rearsets for the Ducati V4 is Chinese (133$) I have bought Chines rearsets for old beater Superbikes, but never for Superbikes in Collection .

·
Registered
559 Posts
Deadly I'm sure a lot of peeps will be anticipating..
Mad that the post on Moto2 Mv rider has had less posts than the Marquez bros recent news
GO GO MV ?️?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Sorry to hear of health woes...inspiring to hear you refuse to let it beat you down.

I have been in two minds on a new bike purchase and I think you just helped me out...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts