MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was 15 when these came out. 1993 SC28 Fireblade. This one has a crack near the left mirror and some scratches on the stickers on that side and some small marks on the paint that are not much for a bike of this age. Otherwise the bike is in fantastic condition.

The aluminium looks new. Also comes with original muffler. They didn't even hack off the rear mudguard like everyone did back in the day. The only non standard part on the bike is the sports muffler currently fitted. Will get rid of those shitty blinkers.

I'm the 3rd owner. The fellow in the hat was selling a few bikes from his collection. Stoked to get this one.

My plan is to repair the fairing and get some paint correction done on the other areas. I will use professionals for this as the top fairings are rare as rocking horse shit.

Do all the fluids, carbs etc

I love the twin headlights and early 90s graphics.

It won't be ridden much.

Clothing Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
How did it ride? Was it everything that you thought it would be? I love the 80s 90s graphics

Sent from my Armor 9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
Nice. I like the shell suit paint-job fireblades (if you don't know what I mean buy that, please ask - it's probably a british thing).

I've had an original 92, a 94, a 2001 929 and a 2002 954. All lovely bikes in different ways. You just can't really go wrong with a Blade.

You may want to swap out the front wheel for a 17 inch, but it's no big deal. ENJOY!!!!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
How did it ride? Was it everything that you thought it would be? I love the 80s 90s graphics

Haven't ridden it yet. I want to change all the fluids, change the plugs and balance and clean the carbies before. It runs, but I will service first so I know exactly how it is.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice. I like the shell suit paint-job fireblades (if you don't know what I mean buy that, please ask - it's probably a british thing).

I've had an original 92, a 94, a 2001 929 and a 2002 954. All lovely bikes in different ways. You just can't really go wrong with a Blade.

You may want to swap out the front wheel for a 17 inch, but it's no big deal. ENJOY!!!!
It will hardly be ridden, so I will stick with the 16inch front wheel to keep it original.

·
Registered
122 Posts
@daveuprite
What is shell suit?
:D:D:ROFLMAO: I knew you'd bite eventually...

It was a horrible 2-piece 'fashion' outfit sold in the UK during the 80s/90s, consisting of shiny, totally synthetic multi-coloured matching track-suit top and pants. They were a big craze for a while, especially among the northern underclass of britain - and became known as 'chav suits'! I think they were withdrawn when some people basically went up in smoke because they were pretty combustible!

Outerwear Shoe Smile Sleeve Gesture

The favourite colours were purple, turquoise, pink etc - and around about the same period Jap bike makers started painting some of their sports bikes the same. E.G: YZF750, GSXRs - and your Fireblade !!

Which is why in Britain those models are sometimes called the shell-suit bikes...

Well you did ask.....:LOL:

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
152 Posts
Shell suits aka "campsite smoking"

Reactions: daveuprite

·
Registered
613 Posts
In addition to, not in replacement of your TV correct???

No mate TV is going unfortunately, MV dealer is too far away and is crap anyway. had to strip the. Bike done and put it back together myself after a crap valve adjustment they did and I still have a lean angle sensor fault that they did not fix! Ducati dealer is just up the road and this bike was too good to pass up…
Ducati Super Sport 2017
15,000kms
Ohlins rear
Quick shifter
QD Exhaust
$12,000AU!!!!!!
It’s like a brand new bike, kept in a garage with a top of the range Harley something and a Honda Blackbird in showroom condition.
He is selling all 3 bikes and buying a Triumph Rocket 3GT.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yeah, bummer you had a bad run. Hope you enjoy new toy!

Reactions: Jigsaw312rr

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Okay, I'm going to repaint and decal the Blade. Clear over new decals or go original and put them on top?
Clear over stickers if I have a choice. Your already altering it from stock so might as well make it last that much longer.

Reactions: Glenno

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well its running again. I think the sitting around for such a long time affected the fuel pump. A mate dropped by and tapped the fuel pump a few times and it primed and she sparked into life. Which was fortunately, just before I was to start pulling things apart :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts