MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently sitting on a stretch of rural highway 10 miles from home.
Why?
Because the tranny on the 350 just took a big steaming crap.
Now I'm waiting for a tow
Fantastic

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So pissed I had to post it twice!
Tranny=gearbox.
Luckly it was just a thrown chain

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
So pissed I had to post it twice!
Tranny=gearbox.
Luckly it was just a thrown chain
Oh I thought you lost a tranvestite :eek:

Well that's good - easy fix :) Unfortunately that happens a lot with older bikes little things just go wrong - most of the time it's just that - little things, I often have to do roadside running repairs to get myself going again, you get used to it (and pushing -lol).

I assume you are up & running again? :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had to go find the chain but yes up and running. The vespas give me far more trouble than the bikes do.
I don't know many transvestites though...
Rob you are going to be my new go to guy when I get the ipo here. Definitely going to need some scarab advice

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Had to go find the chain but yes up and running. The vespas give me far more trouble than the bikes do.
I don't know many transvestites though...
Rob you are going to be my new go to guy when I get the ipo here. Definitely going to need some scarab advice
Best advice is to get rid of them & replace them with Brembos - Magni do a kit but good luck with getting Giovanni to answer emails!!! I usually call him if I want something - hell I had to fly over there to get my bits as I was getting old waiting. :)

I am lucky I have an (indebted) brother in law who is a brake guy, also did his trade as a fitter & turner and has made all my brakes work, he's made bits, stainless steel pistons, made seals etc but won't do it for anyone else, simply because what he'd charge would be in excess of full replacement! And on top of that something will always go wrong & more dramas.........

Oh I thought you lost a tranvestite :eek:

So did I and the thought of posting some pics of this :eek:nthecan::eek:nthecan::eek:nthecan::eek:nthecan::eek:nthecan::naughty::naughty::naughty::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:
The thought of transvestite pics makes you constipated? :wtf: I must say Julian I am intrigued..... :popcorn:

·
2,156 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmm perhaps I should re smilie this:naughty::naughty::green::blush::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok...
i have a chain question now
many many cars ran over the old chain so its pretty trashed. i do know its a 118 link chain but what im not sure about is the inside width. what number should i be going for?
any specific type to be using with the older bikes?

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Currently sitting on a stretch of rural highway 10 miles from home.
Why?
Because the tranny on the 350 just took a big steaming crap.
Now I'm waiting for a tow
Fantastic
When you are not from the United States and read " the tranny on the 350 took a big steaming crap" it is really, really funny.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Just buy a F4 Gunnar, and they will come out of the wood works.......:)
Yes that's indeed true Randy - but as you know, we just to send them back to their Brutie compound, they tend get to their balls knotted in their nickers but usually don't put up too much resistance - for the know that the Brutie compound is a place they are comfortable with, a safe place & a happy place. :friday::hump::humpother

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
ok...
i have a chain question now
many many cars ran over the old chain so its pretty trashed. i do know its a 118 link chain but what im not sure about is the inside width. what number should i be going for?
any specific type to be using with the older bikes?
I run Regina o-ring chains on my 350s (126-RH) and I don't have any problems - on the 350 Electronica you should allow 25-30mm of play after adjustment when it is sitting on its stand.

If you have a preference for a chain brand, I am certain they can look up the appropriate one to suit - just make sure you check the chain adjustment every 500 miles keep it well lubed but on overly so and you should keep those 'Trannys" at bay ;)

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't wanna pull an Eddie Murphy...

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Eddie Murphy was busted for soliciting sex from a transvestite in the 80s

I keep forgetting I'm one of the few guys who posts in classics from the states!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Now whats that famous saying?

Oh yes.....England and America, two countries seperated by a common language!

Maybe we can add Australia to that as well.:)

Dorian.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Eddie Murphy was busted for soliciting sex from a transvestite in the 80s

I keep forgetting I'm one of the few guys who posts in classics from the states!
Oh really?:wtf: hell I didn't know that, my estimation of him has just dropped a notch which puts him at notch -1 :loser:

Now whats that famous saying?

Oh yes.....England and America, two countries seperated by a common language!

Maybe we can add Australia to that as well.:)

Dorian.
:laughing: Dorian - I think some of your slang has filtered down to us via our convict connection, it's very rare that I don't understand a Pom unless of course I don't want to :laughing: Now the Yanks need a little more getting used to ;)

All the best - Rob

1 - 19 of 19 Posts