MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I picked up a 2015 1090rr a month ago , I am finding it hard to find parts for it . As with any stock bike there are some parts on it that have to go away , because they are annoying . The cat is one of them , I don't really care about getting better performance,"if I was I would just ride the 1098s instead" The thing makes a lot of heat . it makes enough heat that I keep smelling my boot sole burning. what years and model pipes fit this thing ? does a f4 header fit ? I got a tig welder I cam make things happen , but the stock pipe that is on here looks like a bad starting point . it has ugly collectors and is in plain view

·
Administrator
21,082 Posts
Welcome to the family !!! You have lots of options ot there for exhaust systems, and congrats on getting a 4 cylinder !!

I am not going to presume to know what early model pipes will fit. On the first generation pretty much all pipes fit all models.
Second generation, after 2010 with the new engine, I am not so sure.

Parts availability is a function of dealer's interest in actually doing something. Who are you using??

Don't forget, this is an exotic with very limited production and distribution....it ain't no Honda. Aftermarket suppliers usually don't even consider MV in their R&D.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
welcome to the club

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the family !!! You have lots of options ot there for exhaust systems, and congrats on getting a 4 cylinder !!

Parts availability is a function of dealer's interest in actually doing something. Who are you using??

Don't forget, this is an exotic with very limited production and distribution....it ain't no Honda. Aftermarket suppliers usually don't even consider MV in their R&D.
thanks for the reply . Yes I know these bikes are not main stream . I got the b4 because I have not had 4 banger in my garage since I got my 1098 9 years ago . I have missed the sound . I had a 08 cbr 1000 before that . Got it to be a better commuter bike then my duc I dont like stopping for gas everyday I go to work. this one makes 3 round trips due to it having a big tank like my triumph tiger . as far as parts dealers I dont really have just one I use . I have 11 bikes in my garage now . I just do searches on the net when looking for parts .

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did order a pair of seats for it from EvolutionBike . the white back seat had to go away . my backpack keeps leaving black marks on it . I really wanted to delete the rear seat but the lead time on seat cowls was out there and all that I saw were too fancy looking , I just wanted a cover that looks like the rear seat does now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts