MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting a rear hugger on my 2004 750 S but with the supply system down I cannot get the well nuts and screws from Agusta. Does anyone know what size these are so I can get them somewhere else? I'm 2000 miles form by bike so I cannot go out a measure.

·
Registered
337 Posts
You won't need hardware from mv to mount the hugger. You should be able to get the well nuts and bolts from a generic hardware store.
As for sizing I'm not entirely certain....but I think they may be M5 well nuts. You will need 3 of them unless I'm mistaken.
Try a search function on the board here and you should find your answer.
Mike

·
Registered
311 Posts
Pull out the plastic plugs. Take one to home depot in the screw aisle. You'll find the well nuts in the sliding specialty drawers. Just get the same diameter as the plastic plug. Then get three stainless Allen screws same size. Cost will be around $7 for everything.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm back with the bike now and when I look at the swing arm I guess I have one of those that is not predrilled.
Does anyone have experience with installing a hugger on a non predrilled swing arm? It is not obvious how to get well nuts inside the swing arm. I assume the well nuts go inside and the screws go through the hugger from the outside.
The screws are M5. The dealer had those.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts