MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,065 Posts
The nuts have a 2 degree taper to them. There are sockets manufactured to mate with that taper. This is not new news as it has been so since the first 750 came off the line.
I am sure that folks use non-tapered sockets on their “race” or “track” bikes; that does not mean that it is the correct tool or that it will not mar your fastener. It just means they don’t care about the finish because of the use of the machine.
tou can wrap the nut in protective tape and use a straight walled socket....that does not make it the right tool for the job.

·
Administrator
19,517 Posts
The nuts have a 2 degree taper to them. There are sockets manufactured to mate with that taper. This is not new news as it has been so since the first 750 came off the line.
Ducatis too !!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have a Ducati tool for my multistrada. It fits differently on my MV

·
Super Moderator
22,065 Posts
There was a point when Ducati had a smaller rear axle. Now, on some of their bikes, that axle is the same as MV.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anyone bought or tried one of these on ebay uk?
If so how did it perform?

View attachment 476833
I have this one. It fits very well on my Brutale 800 2017 rear wheel. But it didn't work out with front wheel, cause my bike needs a 28mm socket. There is an alternative in evolutionbike, a kit with 26, 28 and the one for rear wheel (55?), All together in just one piece. Will take a picture tomorrow.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I have a SpeedyMoto 55mm with a 26mm socket inside, for the axle nut on RAC 50 forks a picture of it is in my sticky about 55mm tapered sockets
How about $60 + shipping?
PM me an address and I'll figure out the shipping
Shit sorry Noel, I only just saw your reply. Thanks , I would’ve gone for that but got it sorted in the meantime. Cheers

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have this one. It fits very well on my Brutale 800 2017 rear wheel. But it didn't work out with front wheel, cause my bike needs a 28mm socket. There is an alternative in evolutionbike, a kit with 26, 28 and the one for rear wheel (55?), All together in just one piece. Will take a picture tomorrow.
Thanks - I have seen the kit at Evolution but alot of money for the occasional use I would give it - with shipping nearly £100 GBP.
I put this out to UK owners on FB had some good replies learnt a bit! - the T6 alloy quoted in the ad is 6061 (from ebay seller reply) not the prefered 7075 probably as 6061 its cheaper.
6061 is easier to work and more maliable but not as strong as 7075 which is more suitable to this type of tool. Some say they were happy with tool like you others say chewed up almost straight away.
I don't know if this is coincidence but ebay seller reduced price soon after I questioned them!
So you pay your money and take your choice. I think I might give it a go - now £25 delivered.
Unless of course anybody know of a quality kit at reasonable price in uk.....
Cheers Graham

21 - 28 of 28 Posts