MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Has anyone a spare hub nut safety clip? Had to cut mine out to get the socket on. It did it's job, the nut had relaxed onto it and jammed it. None on ebay that I can see.

Also could do with a link to a trusted good socket for the rear hub nut that can be driven from the left side (ie 1/2" square drive passes all the way through the socket) I have an Oberon one that doesn't, and my torque wrench doesn't torque anti clockwise although has the switch to tighten that way.

Regards
Sean

·
Administrator
19,508 Posts
Cheap part....see your local dealer.

·
Super Moderator
22,045 Posts
Sean, I think I may have one. I'll check.

PM me a mailing address.

·
Registered
9,953 Posts
I bet I have more and can post quicker and cheaper than your local dealer...; )

Since if you pm me your address Ill post you one tomoro free and you'll get it Tuesday..
All I ask is that you stick a pound in a charity tin next time you see one : )

Joe

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Noel,

Tried knocking it back, but the nut had pinched it, and the steel of the axle had 'grabbed' it. Took a while to get it loose, and as hitting it is so close to the wheel and hub nut I went with the side cutters. Even after cutting I had to grip the part left in the tube, and lever against the side of the tube to drag the little fooker out

Donsy, not a bad idea, can ask around. Mine is the dual type that does the front nut too, so don't know if it makes it more difficult.

Silentservice703 & gotojoe thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Just to confirm it's for this side
Called the wheel nut, the other side is the sprocket nut. :)

Donsy, not a bad idea, can ask around. Mine is the dual type that does the front nut too, so don't know if it makes it more difficult.
It should be okay, here's a pic of some of the one's I have, you can see there's lots of space/meat to take away.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ha, yes so it is :rolleyes:

Only posted for someone else's clarity as couldn't attach image in the pm.

Mine is similar to the third pic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts