MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of us have found the oe rear stand tight on the rear spindle. The one that came with my bike is useless without re- working.
Then the question arises ..How much good does it do the angular bearings when trying to drift out a stuck rear stand pivot bush...I know these bearings dont like excessive side forces as the races are weak in this sense.
If the pivot bush is stuck and hammered out it doesnt auger well for long and healthy bearing life imho.

Joe

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hammered it out ! Have you taken up smoking weird things while across the pond Joe. Drug test Monday morning !!!
Ha..no...I was given an old one rusty as heck but loose .The new one is in the loft maturing ha ha

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats good Donsy...and yes Brian is a wizard for sure.
I may get Henry to produce 30 or so bushes in aluminium ...

: )

·
Registered
14,423 Posts
stock rear stands?

I gave 2 of the stock POS stands away for shipping:naughty::naughty:

just buy a real stand......

:drummer:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Joe,i purchased a factory stand from the previous importer here in Oz and it fits perfectly! it has a nylon sleeve for the bore of the hub and is very stable with a few thou clearance.Cheers Steve

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Joe,i purchased a factory stand from the previous importer here in Oz and it fits perfectly! it has a nylon sleeve for the bore of the hub and is very stable with a few thou clearance.Cheers Steve
Thanks Steve..Thats good to hear. : )

Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts