MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Selling them?
No. I'll be buying some, though. (I don't sell stuff very often. I'm an MV hoarder. LOL.)

They're a new product. I saw them at HRH Corse.

Just promoting an option for those who want to customize, but BSTs are either too pricey or perceived as fragile for everyday road use.

·
Super Moderator
22,620 Posts
Is that done with a digital printer...or is it a wrap?

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is that done with a digital printer...or is it a wrap?
I don't know yet. I still have those questions myself posed to HRH Corse online.

They're represented as though they're a Marchesini product rather than a secondary treatment. I'm ordering a set to see if I like them or if they're cheesy.

·
Super Moderator
22,620 Posts
It could also be a fluid immersion dip.

·
Registered
819 Posts
water immersion printing, water transfer printing, water dip printing, hydrographics, hydroillusions, cubic printing are all names of the same technique. If Marchesini did this from the factory i would think their website would mention something about it, no?

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
water immersion printing, water transfer printing, water dip printing, hydrographics, hydroillusions, cubic printing are all names of the same technique. If Marchesini did this from the factory i would think their website would mention something about it, no?
My thoughts exactly, but they seem to possibly be a new Marchesini product. My English inquiries have brought no response from the Italians as of yet.

Either way, I think it will be either love or hate to see them live. I'm certainly leaning toward the love spectrum so far. I think I'll like them a lot. We'll soon see.

EDIT to UPDATE: HRH Corse says they don't know what the process is, but it isn't done by HRH or Marchesini.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I've spoken to a mate of myn how does this hydro dipping process and he saids it's easly done well for him anyway lol and said he can do any wheel and can even give it a Matt finish and fraction of the cost

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've spoken to a mate of myn how does this hydro dipping process and he saids it's easly done well for him anyway lol and said he can do any wheel and can even give it a Matt finish and fraction of the cost
That's interesting. I wonder why it has taken until now to have someone do this process on a set of Marchis.

I need to do some more research, but I like this so far.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
That's interesting. I wonder why it has taken until now to have someone do this process on a set of Marchis.

Probably because nobody wanted to get shot down for adding weight to a lovely light set of wheels Blake. The immersion dipping process is all over Google though.

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Probably because nobody wanted to get shot down for adding weight to a lovely light set of wheels Blake. The immersion dipping process is all over Google though.
Ha. I'm always the last to know. LOL.

But how much weight could this possibly add, though? Surely not much. Maybe a few grams? I want to compare the stock Superlights to these on a scale.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Ive seen my local motorcycle shop offer this Coat to practically and part. IMHO i think it looks like crap. its like those ebay things that say CARBON FIBER look/style lol. not worth it im my opinion. but give it a shot you may enjoy the look.

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ive seen my local motorcycle shop offer this Coat to practically and part. IMHO i think it looks like crap. its like those ebay things that say CARBON FIBER look/style lol. not worth it im my opinion. but give it a shot you may enjoy the look.
I think that's probably a fairly broad stroke of the brush to compare this process on wheels to every cheap-a** faux carbon fiber-look part on the internet. Many of them are some kind of applique or plastic product, etc.

This appears to be a high-quality look without adding much weight. I'll soon see.

I'm not one who pretends carbon fiber bits are just for potential weight loss. Carbon fiber is as much an appearance attraction as a functional loss of poundage.

Complete carbon bodywork only drops a few pounds. Many parts are measured in grams for weight reduction. It takes a bunch of carbon and titanium and magnesium to get heavy F4s down to Panigale-esque bantam weight.

Rather than compare these to BSTs and Dymags, I'd compare the appearance to stock Superlights to see if it's a subjective improvement. I think it probably is, but I've only seen what you've seen.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts