MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Like it a lot, I'd buy it if I was in the US and I hadn't just bought an Arrow! :banghead:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are Euro 660 which puts them at about USD$907 with today's exchange rate. However we won't be sure until they are landed here. We secured the distributorship for this brand in the US and will be slowly stocking up.

The hydroform versions are available in black stainless and eventually also in titanium. I have seen and handled these in person and the finish and quality is extremely nice. They are homogolated and come with a removable dbkiller.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Look good - would like to see a black one loaded up on the Brute ?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Looks great, imho follows the lines of the brut really nicely. If i didn't already have the Arrow i'd definitely consider this one.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Looks nice but for the money I'll probably buy the arrow. This would be good for those willing to spend a bit more for something different.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
looks guud!!!! how can one here the sound? :mouthwate:mouthwate :smoking::smoking:
Buy one :naughty:.

Just joking mate, I agree I like it, but would love to hear it too.

·
Registered
871 Posts
All show and no go, Might sound good but I want better output, full cans are the way to go. Not just my opinion actually, had many advise me on this, why I went with the full Ti MV Corse System.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
yeah

All show and no go, Might sound good but I want better output, full cans are the way to go. Not just my opinion actually, had many advise me on this, why I went with the full Ti MV Corse System.
That is a Big Arse statement mate, care to share some info, does not sound right to me, because almost every dyno chart I have seen proved the other way to be correct. Meaning more HP coming out the shorty pipes compared to the twin systems, especially near the top end.

·
Registered
871 Posts
More than one life-long racer turned mechanic has said this to me. Talked to one today who actually sets up the bikes for a race school. He has tried everything to come up with the best set-up and right combo to get the most out of the bike. This was his exact words. Another guy on this very forum who has compared the arrow full system to the stubby thunder said the shorty is louder but the full cans get better output. So if someone else with the same bike wants to do the work and compare systems to see what works best, I will gladly learn from their experience.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Okay, show me the figures

More than one life-long racer turned mechanic has said this to me. Talked to one today who actually sets up the bikes for a race school. He has tried everything to come up with the best set-up and right combo to get the most out of the bike. This was his exact words. Another guy on this very forum who has compared the arrow full system to the stubby thunder said the shorty is louder but the full cans get better output. So if someone else with the same bike wants to do the work and compare systems to see what works best, I will gladly learn from their experience.
So where are you gaining or loosing power ? Mid-range or top end ?
Was it on this pipe or any other Type/Brand ?
My point is this - I am looking at a stubby/shorty pipe for the F4, but I need to know how it will affect performance.
When you come on a forum sponsor thread and make negative comments about his product, I would imagine you have some sort of facts to back up your statements.
You keep mentioning "better outputs" but no real details, is this like your other thread where you asked about changing sprockets to improve performance, that one was pretty vague too. :stickpoke

·
Registered
167 Posts
This may not be true for all pipes and all bikes but from what I have seen with high and low systems on the triumph speed triple tells me high mounts generally make better power. This definatly true of the arrows. However the low mount systems weigh less and put the weight in a more advatagious location. When you consider this it seems you need to select the system that is best for you. I am willing to give up 2 or 3 Hp for weight saving and mass centeralization. I also like the look more and that's importaint to me on a street bike.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Sorry, I might be alone here, but all this about bhp, outputs blah, blah is all well and good down the pub, but if all you are looking at is 2-3 bhp, this might matter to someone like Donsy racing as hard as he can against others whose sole objective is to beat him :bash:, but for your average bloke or lass....come on.

And I am sure, nice as it is, to be able to boast to your mate that you have got more bhp and/or torque than them, again if all you have is 2-3 bhp and they are a more talented rider they will make a prat of you on the road or track.

If stats are that important pursue the figures (not aware of any for this system, so it is all a bit hypothetical at the moment). If though you prefer the looks of this system over the high level cans, swallow your pride and go with your heart.

I accept that performance, feedback are important and no I wouldn't buy this system if it made a dogs dinner of the way my bike ran, but if it didn't then I would buy one (if i hadn't bought an Arrow:banghead:) but IMHO this thread and the question asked at this time comes down to looks and personal preference, not about out and out performance.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Sure, I'll go with that, personal preferance, I don't care about sound, I want no flat spots, smooth power band, most HP and torque I can get. I do track days so it will get used. Titanium saves enough weight. Comparing full systems, no slip-ons, I don't have a dyno in my garage or 7 dif kinds of systems to compare, I am going off of general educated opinions of lifelong racers. They know how I ride and what I want and said to go with full cans. So I did. There are so many variables doubt anyone will ever know the perfect setup. I want the bike to perform as it was designed to without anything holding it back. Is that still too vague?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts