MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally found a version for the Euro4 bikes. It is however not equipped with db killers, and not sure how loud it is? Different versions available on the link below - nicely priced at the moment as well. Can't make up my mind on these, QD or FF by fresco...

Fred

https://www.wrs.sm/en/silencers/146...pinox-mv-agusta-brutale-dopo-2016-racing.html
Hi Fred,
Just order one direct form HP Corse for €962 including shipping to Australia.
According to the sales rep, it will have the db killers in the kit and removable.
I'll let you know if they are really included.i am expecting it in 10 days so let's wait and see.
Cheers,
Christian

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Fred,

According to the sales rep, it will have the db killers in the kit and removable.

I'll let you know if they are really included.i am expecting it in 10 days so let's wait and see.

Cheers,

Christian

Interesting, thanks Christian.

I ended up ordering it from the link I posted as they offered a discount. I believe they simply order from HP so I hope you’re right!

Fred

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting, thanks Christian.

I ended up ordering it from the link I posted as they offered a discount. I believe they simply order from HP so I hope you’re right!

Fred

Actually, Carlo from HP said they are not included in the standard pack but would add them free so will let you know when I get the kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Installed, the sound is really deep compared to stock which is what I was looking for. My phone mic completely fails to pick up how loud it is of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
When you say there are no DB killers, is this just the straight through open pipe or is there the ability to add DB killers should you want to. On mine, that came with the DB killers, only the top two are removable, the one in the bottom pipe is fixed.

·
Registered
957 Posts
When you say there are no DB killers, is this just the straight through open pipe or is there the ability to add DB killers should you want to. On mine, that came with the DB killers, only the top two are removable, the one in the bottom pipe is fixed.
For the Euro 3 versions, there is 3 versions
  • Racing - Empty pipes
  • Euro noise regulation compliant - those have removable DB killers. The pipes are not empty
  • Non euro noise regulation compliant - the same as Euro ones, but without the DB killers - not homologated for European bikes

I don't know what happens with the Euro 4 versions: the Euro 3 are not indicated mountable on Euro 4 versions...

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Having had the Zero (no db's) on two of my F3's, switched to the QD as the sound level was beginning to get to me.

Found the ideal noise level with the QD was by removing one.

Now awaiting delivery from Design Corse for the Euro4 QD to fit to the Dragster for the standard sound level is far to quiet.

Will post a comparison sound video as soon as it has been fitted.

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is the Euro4 racing version with sound proofing (not empty pipes). It is loud but definitely not obnoxiously loud. If I would have had dB killers I still would have left them out, this is just what I had in mind.

Edit. I believe I can add dB killers in the top 2 pipes to answer your question, but I need to buy them separately.

//F

·
Registered
957 Posts
This is the Euro4 racing version with sound proofing (not empty pipes). It is loud but definitely not obnoxiously loud. If I would have had dB killers I still would have left them out, this is just what I had in mind.

Edit. I believe I can add dB killers in the top 2 pipes to answer your question, but I need to buy them separately.

//F
Not sure it is possible: on the Euro version (euro 3), the DB killers are fixed by a screw bolted externally from the wheel side. Not sure how you can maintain the DB killers without the hole on the wheel side on the pipes 2 and 3.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not sure it is possible: on the Euro version (euro 3), the DB killers are fixed by a screw bolted externally from the wheel side. Not sure how you can maintain the DB killers without the hole on the wheel side on the pipes 2 and 3.

Yeah you might be correct. I actually haven’t checked. I was basing it on the original author of this post was told he would get dB killers with his shipment, and HP hasn’t released the homologated version yet. They said it would be available in a couple of months.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Correct, you can buy the db killers separately. In that case, they are screwed on. I am not sure of the cost though.

For the homologated version (to come), HP Corse will add a welding point to make them "permanent"!
However. this weld point can be grinded off.
According tho HP Corse, the homologated version should be available in the next few month.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
On the HP Corse Hydro Tre fitted to my TVL the two Allen bolts that hold the Db killers in were secured by a small tack weld. This was easily broken just by turning the bolt with an appropriate Allen key.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have finally received the exhaust with the db killers.
You can indeed break the welding point quite easily.
A few pics to demonstrate.
To be honest, the sound with db killers was really underwhelming.
I will try to post a with and without video soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
590 Posts
Hi Fred,
Cheers,
Christian
Where are you seeing these exhausts for €962 ??? They're listed at around 1400-1500 for the dragster, I'm assuming it's not much different to the brutale price.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Where are you seeing these exhausts for €962 ??? They're listed at around 1400-1500 for the dragster, I'm assuming it's not much different to the brutale price.
Hi Jogort,

They are not listed online for international market (only Europe and that includes their VAT).
However, you can contact HP Corse directly. This is what I did as I could not find a Euro4 version compatible with the new Brutale RR My17
Final price was €927 including shipping to Australia.
However, note that you'll have to add import duty as it is more than AUD1000 etc... So at the end it is still not cheap.

Cheers,
Christian

·
Registered
590 Posts
Ah ok, I'm in europe and couldn't see any of their exhausts for that price.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Ah ok, I'm in europe and couldn't see any of their exhausts for that price.
Have a look at omnia-racing.net, I bought a HP Corse Tre for my Turismo Veloce recently, and they were proposing a 20% discount compared to the price announced. The discount maybe still there, I didn't check. For the TV the cost was about 1122 euros without the shipping cost...

Reactions: Jogort
1 - 20 of 23 Posts