MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, if fitting a HP Corse hydroform full exhaust system plus BMC airfilter, what else is needed to tune it, ECU or Microtec or power commander or other? Bike will be dyno tuned and is a 2015 1090RR ABS, thanks for feedback.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Are you still running the O2 sensor ?

If not you are probably going to need the race ecu and power commander unless you find someone that can re-map the 5SM ecu you already have.

You might get away with just a PCV if you still have the 02 sensor and get someone that knows what they are doing.

If you go the Microtec route check it works with the ABS, I remember that there was an issue a while ago but it may have been resolved by now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi rsawkins , I was just about to buy the 2015 ABS but now have put a deposit on a 2014 1090 R which is fitted with a arrows exhaust and standard silencers. I still wish to fit the HP Corse silencer though and have access to a good tuner with a dyno who is a MV service agent, not sure if the arrows has the 02 sensor or where its even located as I wont have the bike till next week ,what do you think as I am pretty sure this model is non ABS. Thanks in advance mate.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi again rsawkins, I should mention that I asked the question about the 2015 before I had the bike is because it is new from a dealer who reduced it to cost price and he is desperate to clear all his MV stock as he no longer wants MV.
I was hitting him up with any extra cost items to tune the HP Corse as a bargaining tool to reduce the cost even further.
Now that I am getting the 2014 the tuner is in Cairns and I am in Townsville so I am thinking ineed to purchase any PC5 or ECU beforehand together with the HP Corse so that he has all the necessary items when he tunes it, or would it be wise to just take it up there with the HP Corse only and leave it to him work out what else I may need.
Sorry if this all sounds strange but as you can see I know nothing about tuning these bikes fitted with aftermarket exhaust, what would you do as I want to get it right the first time to avoid going back and forwards to Cairns.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
820 Posts
mvaussie,

Firstly the Arrow and HP Corse are completely different systems so just fitting the silencer is not an option. Well not on my 2009 1078 at least. I have both full systems. I'll stand corrected if it's different for the 2015 model. Go with a Microtec if you're investing in an aftermarket ECU.

I'm in Townsville myself. PM me and you can come round and check out the systems and the Microtec ECU and software. I have some good maps for both systems and it may save you a trip to Cairns and a possible dodgy and expensive result from an unknown tuner. That's a story I'll explain too.

Cheers

Deano

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HP Corse Exhaust

mvaussie,

Firstly the Arrow and HP Corse are completely different systems so just fitting the silencer is not an option. Well not on my 2009 1078 at least. I have both full systems. I'll stand corrected if it's different for the 2015 model. Go with a Microtec if you're investing in an aftermarket ECU.

I'm in Townsville myself. PM me and you can come round and check out the systems and the Microtec ECU and software. I have some good maps for both systems and it may save you a trip to Cairns and a possible dodgy and expensive result from an unknown tuner. That's a story I'll explain too.

Cheers

Deano
PM sent Deano, At least I think it was successful as I am new to this site and still learning to navigate, let me know on the forum if not successful. Thanks again.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Guys,I just made contact with Deano, these forums are incredible as I never even knew there was another Brutale in my town let alone owned by someone so helpful.
A big thankyou to all of you and tomorrow I am going to buy a lottery ticket while my luck holds out.
Enjoy your beautiful , soulful Brutales.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Hi everyone, if fitting a HP Corse hydroform full exhaust system plus BMC airfilter, what else is needed to tune it, ECU or Microtec or power commander or other? Bike will be dyno tuned and is a 2015 1090RR ABS, thanks for feedback.
Hello
I had 2013 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR and HP Corse Hydroform full Sexhaust system and no after market airfilter. I didn't need to tune any Ecu on my bike. FYI

·
Super Moderator
21,400 Posts
Hello
I had 2013 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR and HP Corse Hydroform full Sexhaust system and no after market airfilter. I didn't need to tune any Ecu on my bike. FYI

How do you know that?:wtf:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts