MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we have a lot of "experienced" and "wise" members on here, especially from some hard hit communities, but hopefully we can all get through this. I hope everyone on here is doing well and staying safe.

p.s. Electric trials bikes in closed parks is great fun.
:f4:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Dunno bout wise but I'm fed up with getting drunk and unable to swim to sober up the next day
On the brighter side I watched QT new movie which was pretty good and half way thro tigerking which is a massive train wreck of a show....

·
Registered
726 Posts
All good timpants, thank you for asking, both health and mental well being.

I am very lucky, as I am able to work form home. Some of our staff have been Furloughed (Government will pay 80% of their wages and the company will pay 10%). The positive I can take from these strange times are that I have slowed down the pace of my life and I am now able to do everything at a slower pace. The house has never been cleaner and the garden never looked so good (y)

Please make sure you all stay as safe as possible.

·
Administrator
19,560 Posts
With luck Pam won't have killed me before the "Shelter in Place" order is lifted..... She is working from home and being around me 24/7 must be harder than I would have thought. 🤪

And I am getting tired of having to prepare meals, wish I could go sit at my favorite restaurant and enjoy a good meal with no pots and pans or dishes to wash afterwards!!

And I have just about read all the unread books in the house, library is closed. Guess I can go back and read Tolkien's fantasy once more.....

Good news is reports that the environment is doing better with the curtailment of travel. I hear the water in the Venice lagoon is becoming more clear and clean.

Wash your hands !!!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Going well here in Aus. My wife and I still have to go to work because of our jobs. Which is alittle difficult because we have to home school our 7 year old daughter too. Which I do between shifts. I know alot of people ar enjoying down time but we think the lockdown sucks because with our work and homeschooling we are run off our feet.

Australia generally seems to be fairing quite well. Our health care system is quite egalitarian which means everyone can get the treatment they need and subsequently lower the risk for everyone.

We can still get takeaway here unlike some others. The best bit, alot of the really good restaurants that would never do takeaway are now to stay afloat :)

No track days :(

I work with a number of ex police officers. They said DV would increase alot with the lock down. They said ti would be worse than christmas time which is when they usually have a large increase in DV. Lockdown+bored family+alcohol=biff

·
Registered
481 Posts
Thanks for asking. We are ok in Sugar Land, TX, USA: hunkered down. Case and death rate is climbing, yet social distancing is flattening the curve. There are advantages to being a retired introvert: I know the drill. Been riding quite a bit in prime spring weather. The Dragster got a good long/fast run two days ago and today looks promising. I am a bit worried about my adult daughters in NYC: employment (so far so good) and just overall health. I planned a lot of travel for 2020, all now postponed. We endure.

·
Vendor
5,284 Posts
Here in OZ where I live on the border of New South Wales/Queensland is difficult due to Queensland border closed.
Live in Queensland,work in New South Wales.
I need a border pass to get home.Traffic is horrendous.Police check every car one by one.
Favorite motorcycle roads closed.
Wife is getting sick of me bugging her.lol
So time to work on my bikes and cross off the house chores list the wife kindly wrote out for me.
At least the bottle shops are still open.There is hope yet.
I hope all our forum members and there family's are well and free from the virus.
I am a bit worried about the economy after this passes.
I did hear on the radio yesterday that this virus could not have started from a chinaman eating a bat,but the virus would have been created in a laboratory and released.
I hope that is not true.We will never know I suppose.
Stay safe Mitch.:)

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Very quiet in NZ...and we've had some real tossers stealing and breaking the lockdown rules. I hope they get the book thrown at them.

I'm little fortunate, I'm working remotely and also working for a Finance company (so considered Essential). It does mean I can ride to the office and back....I've just not had the chance over the past few weeks as I've need to transport some tech...but look-out next week !

Hope everyone's doing as best they can ...particularly our NYC friends.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Well no golf....no baseball...but the worse part is I can’t see my mom in the nursing home (although I totally understand the rule). To fill the gap, picked up another bike (Duc 996).....and a new pet (Siamese named “Bryzzo”). Plus some books.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Close down the wet markets and then it may not happen again, killing and butchering exotic animals in unsanitary environment is the most likely cause, not from eating a bat!

1 - 20 of 86 Posts