MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, when I got there, that guy sold the 1200Mk2 already. Thing was, the other guy that was running it and priced stuff mismarked a couple things, so it wasn't $90 anymore, it was $160. Wish I woulda snagged it up earlier:blink: To make it worse, somebody came 20 minutes before me, and snagged it up for the $160 asking price. :mad:

Also, the 1300 was sold...so I got this for $70:

As you can see, the player alone he was asking for $100. I talked him down, and also got a discount cause my mom has a booth at the same Flea Market. :allteeth: He also installed a new Shure 5x free too!

I also bought three records.

• History of Eric Clapton double LP for $10
  • Best of Cream for $7
  • And he gave me the Madonna one FREE since we chatted about music for a lil bit. So total I spent $87.
Not too shabby. So essentially, I got $10 off, and 3 free records that are MINT, and freshly cleaned by a Nitty gritty while I purchased. It's no 1200MK2, but I figure it's the closest I could get, especially for what I paid. I figured the records are a good start to my now, ever growing record collection.

Whatcha think? Did I come out on top?

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Ha ha I have one too. :laughing: Are they worth anything these days?? :jsm:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well, turntables are definitly a buyers market. But if you have a 1400, it's good table. I'de hold onto it if it's working. ones in dece condition have been ballpark going for $150-200. The 1200 series I wanted, on average are $250 used, and around $300-400 in used mint condition. So even at $160, it was a STEAL, and at $90, he was practically giving it away. Unfortuneatly, I didn't have the cash the past weekend, and didn't get there early enough today.

I was after the 1200 series, as it's still the premier table for DJ use, and it's not too shabby as an "audiophile" table, in terms of sound quality. I mean, it's the table that's imitated, and it's been around since the mid seventies.

I'm pretty stoked I snagged it up, especially at the price I got it at. I love music. All kinds. Granted I like some less than others, but I still have an appreciation in all genres. I dunno why, but lately it's been a growing passion. It's always something I've liked, but never got around to pursuing....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts