MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to give my home a new coat of paint this summer and with careful thought decided on a neutral color scheme that would blend in with the surrounding countryside and provide some solar benifit during our cold winters here in Montana. As I took a break from my labor and as men often do sat down to admire my work. It then dawned on me that the colors I had chosen were the same colors as my F4. This was in no way planned, I must like my F4 more than I had thought.
I am thinking of a large MV Agusta logo in white on the blank wall to the right of the bike or not.

Attachments

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
subliminal thoughts for sure! Nice job, and beautiful area!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Looks like South Dakota. Sportsmans paradise :bandit:

·
Registered
241 Posts
I decided to give my home a new coat of paint this summer and with careful thought decided on a neutral color scheme that would blend in with the surrounding countryside and provide some solar benifit during our cold winters here in Montana. As I took a break from my labor and as men often do sat down to admire my work. It then dawned on me that the colors I had chosen were the same colors as my F4. This was in no way planned, I must like my F4 more than I had thought.
I am thinking of a large MV Agusta logo in white on the blank wall to the right of the bike or not.
Looks like the bitteroot Mtn's...??? if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
605 Posts
who you hiding from out there in the sticks, with the best looking get away bike :f4: nice and handy. good job on colour selection, +1 on adding the logo.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Man, I hate to be "that guy", but you should have gone with red and silver...:f4:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The mountains in the first picture are the Bridgers, they are west of me. The Bitteroots are a bit farther west of me close to the Idaho boarder. The Crazys are to the east of me as seen in this picture, about seventeen mile away. The Bridgers are only about five miles west.
The one down side of living here is the summers are short and the winters are long and bitter cold at 20 to 30 degrees below zero at times being normal. Even during the summer when the sun goes down the temperature goes with it. Coats are year round manitory
garments here. The roads are not clear of sand from the last snows until late June or July with this year being a bad one, depending on your point of view, for rain and late snows. It will turn winter again in September with snow possible anytime 365 days of the year. Elevation is 5,300 feet here where I am which saps the HP out of the bikes.
Hunting is good and so is the fishing if you like trout. The Yellowstone river is one of the few Blue Ribbon trout streams in the country. I can be in the mountains and not see another human being for days in about 20 minutes. All I hear at night are coyotes and cows, no police sirens, yelling screaming, car horns or other such BS.
The reason I moved up here is to get back to the way it was when I was a kid. A place where everyone knew everyone else and who belonged and who did not. The talk of the day is the weather and the price of beef. The folks up here are hard working farmers and ranchers, down to earth folks for the most part.
If anyone would like to move up here please leave the Bull Shit you are getting away from where you came from, Do Not bring it up here with you. Thank you! :)
PS
Notice the scrubby brush all around? For those not in the know this is called Sage Brush hence the name Sagerider.

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Funny thing about the sky at night here. I am at 5,300 feet and my friend in California is at about 1,500 and the sky there is clearer. For the life of me I can't figure it out. I have no large cities anywhere near me, Bozeman is forty miles away which is a moderate sized town not a city. If anyone knows why this would be let me know.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
So, what's the economic life blood of your neck of the woods Roderick?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The life blood of the community up here is farming, ranching and tourists specially at Yellowstone Park. There are two very good ski resorts very close by, Bridger Bowl and Big Ski down closer to the park. In the spring there are a lot of folks coming up to fish and in the fall the hunters show up. All summer, all two months of it, there are hikers and campers. There is no industry up here really only small shops here and there.

I got the bike up on the deck with a set of ramps not in the picture. I just wanted to get the bike as close to the house as I could.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The life blood of the community up here is farming, ranching and tourists specially at Yellowstone Park. There are two very good ski resorts very close by, Bridger Bowl and Big Ski down closer to the park. In the spring there are a lot of folks coming up to fish and in the fall the hunters show up. All summer, all two months of it, there are hikers and campers. There is no industry up here really only small shops here and there.

I got the bike up on the deck with a set of ramps not in the picture. I just wanted to get the bike as close to the house as I could.
Spent a few years in Havre (almost 20 years ago now) but fished trout in many of the rivers in western and central MT. while I lived there. There's a little known blue ribbon river up in Libby called the Kootenia and its got some of the best fishing. In fact, the Kootenia Resevoir held the US record for largest fish up to mid 1980's I believe. At any rate, I've been gone for a long time but I can say, having lived all over the US, the people living in MT are some of the most down to earth, hardworking, fair people in the US.

I'm jealous.

PS. I don't think I've ever seen a US state more beautiful than MT. I'm going to make my way over there later this summer....

Todd

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sounds and looks really nice. The thing that gets me more than anything around here is the amount of noise. I have a place in the northern kingdom in VT and every time I go up there (mostly for grouse hunting) the quiet is what I miss the most when I come home.

It looks quiet where you live.

The people I have met up there are real nice, but the economy is a mess since it was mostly based on logging and paper mills, which is pretty much gone now.

This isn't my place in the pic - my place is in the valley behind it. I'd like to move up there someday - your pics make me want to do it sooner.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts