MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you know what this is..

Do you know it well enough to avoid this damage ?

Do you know what is the cause of this damage ?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,486 Posts
Yes,
Yes,
Oh yes.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Yep that will be pullin off nose come to harshly I've got a couple spare ones for when myn eventually go just a matter of time on this

Simple little fix is drill out where the little nobbles were and tap out and then screw in a round head small screw same size as the locator hole job done and stronger then original bit

·
Super Moderator
22,486 Posts
Blimey Chuck..I didn't think it was that exciting lol

joe

Ah, I'm working nights, having a tipple and off to bed soon. Easy pickin's I am....:jerkoff:

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yep that will be pullin off nose come to harshly I've got a couple spare ones for when myn eventually go just a matter of time on this

Simple little fix is drill out where the little nobbles were and tap out and then screw in a round head small screw same size as the locator hole job done and stronger then original bit
Correct !

If the two mirror bolts are loosened first then the single bolt, the stay can be pulled up removing the pips from the holes. . Then no break pips while jiggling the fairing.. simples !!

This was broken either by the factory or the dealer. Unless they sheared in use ?

did raise the proverbial eyebrow when I saw both pips had been sheared...

·
Registered
17,189 Posts

No

No

Oh hell no.......:)

·
Registered
324 Posts

No

No

Oh hell no.......:)
Somebody'd kidnapped Randy and hi-jacked his ID...what kind of loon would admit to no no no lol .. One no ..is acceptable..Two no's is forgiveable ..but Three !!!

Joe, Randy doesn't need to bother himself with these details..he has "people" for that! :stickpoke

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Somebody'd kidnapped Randy and hi-jacked his ID...what kind of loon would admit to no no no lol .. One no ..is acceptable..Two no's is forgiveable ..but Three !!!
Joe, how many questions did you pose? THREE.........:banghead:

How many answers did I provide? Ta Da..........THREE........:naughty:

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Joe, Randy doesn't need to bother himself with these details..he has "people" for that! :stickpoke

I need one of my "people" to pay Joe a visit.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well enough to know it was time to trade it in for a new 2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I think it's also from overtightening not just nosecone removal, although the method you suggest eases the load on them at removal, it will still pop on reassembly. The nose is designed to 'quick release', but they used cast supports with lateral fixings which is clever but fragile. I drilled and tapped mine a year ago, it is posted somewhere to resolve the random indicator fault, though I didn't have that problem until some bint hit me head on.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts