MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Members. I will try to explain how was my weekend. On Saturday we went for a ride outside Athens. The place is called Saint John (The Russian) and Aidipsos. It was a 200 Km twiestie road trip, with a lot of moisture on the road. We stopped for a coffee around 11:30 and continued later towards the sea (the place is called Aidipsos). I am sorry I didn't take any pictures with the scenery but I was riding :yo: All I can show you is some pictures from the bikes we had. For me it was a great experience to see how a Bimota goes around the turns. And I can tell you that I was amazed!! This Bike (DB8R) has a carbon fiber chassis and bodywork !!! It is really light and takes the turns really easilly. More pictures you will find in my Album.
The only bad moment I had is when I miscalculated the road, and the speed and I was going around 160 km/h (100 miles) and the road was closing to a 60 km turn. I had to brake really hard and the bike started sliding. That is why when you don't now the road you should not get over excited and go really fast. :jerkoff:

Take care.

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Greg,
I need your opinion on this. I was thinking of starting a new thread with the subject: How dirty is your......bike. It will include dirty pictures of our babes. And I do mean pictures with our motorcycles after the rides. The deartiest ..the better :yo:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Sounds like a pretty cool weekend ride :smoking:
Fortunately you manage to break in time for that turn :jsm:

So, can you give us more impressions of the Bimota?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My Impressions about Bimota: 1.Whatever you pay you buy.....
2.Sometimes the expensive is cheap......
3. Really easy to drive and stable.
Great Machine !!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I hope that when we talk about riding to Deal's Gap and the left coasters talk about the canyons and all of the cool spots in between , it sounds as appealing as riding the shore of the Med..................Somehow I doubt it. Awesome hardware, cool area, enjoy. Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
409 Posts
wow great ride story . talk about some historical land to ride over .i rode through a swamp in south florida .lol. we stoped at a gas station .lol. i gotta move

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
john said:
I found this for anyone wanting to know the SB8R spec. Very sexy motorcycle. :smoking:

http://www.cybermotorcycle.com/euro/brands/bimota_sb8r.htm
thanks for that link
i can remember drooling all over this bike at the dealer in ft. lauderdale, FL when i visited there SEVERAL times

the suzuki motor from the TL 1000 was legendary
what a great bike
wish i had the money at that time to buy one.... but, i was there was NO way :(

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Boussias:

Thanks for the excellent pictures and ride recap! The scenery there seems more than palatable!

My weekend was incredible...Two days of PERFECT SoCal weather, and plenty of bikes that needed to have some oil moved through them. I started early Saturday morning with my usual sortie up and over Ortega aboard the Tamburini, and stopped at Tom's Farms (Harley hangout) for breakfast on the way back home. Incredible ride, clear roads, and only one CHP parked at the top of Ortega, in his usual spot. I returned home, parked #211, and went on subsequent local backroad jaunts on the R1, the VFR, and then the ZX7R, because they had been sitting for two weeks.

Sunday I awoke to a crystal clear sunrise, suited up, and rolled the Tamburini back out for a repeat of Saturday's route over and back on Ortega. This time, I took my camera and stopped at the Lookout on Ortega to catch some hardware in the sun, lots of bikes, and a couple very nice cars. I saved my appetite for Tom's again (better food, better eating accomodations) and saw what appeared to be an original 427 AC Cobra (the car experts here can confirm/deny this for us), and enough parked chrome anchors to secure the entire Pacific Fleet. I just cant figure out why the sportbikes don't stop here, I always do.

Sunday I saw a few disturbing sights on Ortega, but they didn't ruin my ride...3 CHPs working in concert near the top of Ortega , a candidate for SOTY (Squid Of The Year) - an idiot on an R6 on Ortega wearing ONLY a T-shirt, shorts (didn't check for skivies), tennis shoes, and a helmet (what a bone-head Darwin Award contestant, IMO), and on the way back down I arrived on the scene of the CHP and FD cleaning up a guy who had just finished giving his older CBR 600 a dust bath by missing a left on the uphill side from Elsinore. He was wearing leathers, and was standing there explaining to the CHP how some deer cut him off or something, I'm sure. He appeared to be intact, but his leathers and his bike were trashed. I believe that is my 15th sportbike wreck that I have encountered...

Returned home safely, and proceeded to watch Jimmie Johnson clinch the Nextel Cup, earning me $800.00 in my office pool, NICE!!!

Pictures are here, and they are worth a look, I think...

Ortega Sights

Enjoy!

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Nice pics, thanks for that, with the Cobra I have always looked at the wheels to see if it's "real" or not, I believe a real one would have knock on wheels, splined and held on by the large spinner, the give away is the 5 wheel bolts behind it :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Griff, thanks for sharing that. Great pictures. You have an amazing bike and to tell you the truth I understand why you can't sleep on Sundays. The only bad thing is that it is really difficult to concentrate at work after such a great weekend !! :bash:

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
mikef4uk said:
Nice pics, thanks for that, with the Cobra I have always looked at the wheels to see if it's "real" or not, I believe a real one would have knock on wheels, splined and held on by the large spinner, the give away is the 5 wheel bolts behind it :)
Good call, Mike, that sounds like an accurate statement...It was really a good looking car, the badges all looked the part, and it had a nice "aged" look to it, not like a brand new shiny kit-car. I didn't get to meet the owner, but he had obviously done the right things to make it look, and sound, legit, at least to the layman.

Griff
twoeleven

Boussais, I hear that! Hard to stay focused with the memories of a great ride fresh on the mind!

·
Registered
338 Posts
spalding12 said:
YOU have one, too?
wow....

the SB8R has always been my favorite BIMOTA
those carbon fiber snokles are so fu__ing sexy
I believe that's the SB8RS model with all carbon and gold alloy. There's actually a few almost new for sale in the US at about the same price as the new Duc your considering.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts