MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any special method or tools??because i keep screwing and it does moving but circling and not going anywhere :( please help me... the coolant is already below min so i cant get my bike on road :(

oh yes... is it normal for every 200-400 km the coolant already below min?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Same problem I have every time is solved with a small rubber strap wrench, wrapped round the filler cap and held tight with fingers and turned anti clockwise....job done! Hope that helps mate

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
14 Posts
Coolant might drop a bit with evaporation through header expansion bottle.
You should fill coolant up,via bottle not radiator, if you drain system fully, then u remove radiator cap and fill plastic expansion bottle under tank until it comes out of radiator, then put cap on radiator, and fill to above min level.
My level is low too, on min, but I not taking tank off to see it you fill as described above. Normal bikes fill as above, but the the f3 is no normal bike! :)
If you worried about it leaking somewhere it shouldn't be, a few things you can check; if exhaust smells sweet and white/blue smoke your burning it in cylinder, if oil in sump is milky, emulsion the it's going in sump, if you got crusty stains, maybe white, on inside fairing it's prob leaking hose/clip etc. otherwise, don't worry

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same problem I have every time is solved with a small rubber strap wrench, wrapped round the filler cap and held tight with fingers and turned anti clockwise....job done! Hope that helps mate

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
thanks :) and.. do you mind to post the pic of those "small rubber strap wrench" ? im sorry because i've never heard but maybe i've ever seen it yet i dont the name :D

Coolant might drop a bit with evaporation through header expansion bottle.
You should fill coolant up,via bottle not radiator, if you drain system fully, then u remove radiator cap and fill plastic expansion bottle under tank until it comes out of radiator, then put cap on radiator, and fill to above min level.
My level is low too, on min, but I not taking tank off to see it you fill as described above. Normal bikes fill as above, but the the f3 is no normal bike! :)
If you worried about it leaking somewhere it shouldn't be, a few things you can check; if exhaust smells sweet and white/blue smoke your burning it in cylinder, if oil in sump is milky, emulsion the it's going in sump, if you got crusty stains, maybe white, on inside fairing it's prob leaking hose/clip etc. otherwise, don't worry
yes.. thanks.. actually i mean the bottle.. on the right side of the front suspension clamp yoke.. to fill it up we have to open the filler cap right? at least it says so in the manual book..

i'll check it out sir.. i hope it will be allright..

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have every time is solved with a small rubber strap wrench, wrapped round the filler cap and held tight with fingers and turned anti clockwise....job done! Hope that helps mate
Hmm, isn´t it a screw plug to drive with an allen key?

I was told by the dealer that the level should be not higher than MIN.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
I'm pretty sure if that was the case, it would be labelled max, and not min
On most vehicle's that I have run into, where the recovery tank is pressurised, you fill it to the min mark when bike is cold, this is the case on ALL other MV's too.
This allow's for the expansion of the coolant when getting hot, without it pissing out of the overflow as so many smart arse operators have found.
You will notice the amount of fluid between MIN and MAX is very small.

yeah, that would be meaningful ;-)
but also my previous bike - a BMW F800 - has had the same problem (well known within the F800 owners): Everytime you fill in too much liquid, it was pressed out...

Cheers
Toni
Thanks for the info on the undoing of the cap ?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
... the coolant is already below min so i cant get my bike on road :(

oh yes... is it normal for every 200-400 km the coolant already below min?
Doc, are you checking it with the engine cold or after a ride when it's hot? It would make sense that cold it's near the low mark so that hot it doesn't over flow.

Also, it's normal these days for new vehicles to need some fluids topped up during the break in period.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm, isn´t it a screw plug to drive with an allen key?

I was told by the dealer that the level should be not higher than MIN.
yes.. i try using an d allen key with the respoctive head size.. no change.. it just keep circling without any sign that the filler is coming out..

On most vehicle's that I have run into, where the recovery tank is pressurised, you fill it to the min mark when bike is cold, this is the case on ALL other MV's too.
This allow's for the expansion of the coolant when getting hot, without it pissing out of the overflow as so many smart arse operators have found.
You will notice the amount of fluid between MIN and MAX is very small.

Thanks for the info on the undoing of the cap ?
so.. we fill it.. slight below or higher than the MIN mark??

Doc, are you checking it with the engine cold or after a ride when it's hot? It would make sense that cold it's near the low mark so that hot it doesn't over flow.

Also, it's normal these days for new vehicles to need some fluids topped up during the break in period.
totally cold :D i have never used it in 5 days..

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Doc,

it´s an allen-key 5mm. I suppose that the cap was tigthened with too much torgue; so the metal insert will twist together with the cap.
Then you need a new bottle... :-/

Cheers
Toni
wha??nooooo :bawling: i have never touch them until now... it was the guy from the dealer.. :( what should i do then...

·
Registered
867 Posts
Take it back and plead ignorance and get them to replace under warranty, say you followed instructions but nothing happens so must have been over tightened at teh dealer as part of the PDI( pre delievery inspection).

James

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
...1000km? Uuups...
Now I realize, where you are located... Indonesia, right?
You have a truck to ship the Oro?
Yes I am :D it really was a blessing when i get an F3... and yes in every blessing there comes the test... and this is 1 of them :yo:

i do not have a truck.. when the dealer said that i have to get the F3 delivered then i will arrange one to tow it.. :)

looks like the filling bottle need to be replaced :banghead:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts