MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided I am going to decat my 2010 F4 and I've seen a lot of info on tuning for aftermarket exhausts, but not as much for decatted stock exhausts. I would imagine a decatted stock header requires a similar change in tuning as a catless aftermarket exhaust.

So what's the difference between a Race ECU, Eprom chip, Power Commander, and Microtec? Am I leaving any options out?

Does a decatted stock exhaust need a tune at all?

Thanks

·
Registered
568 Posts
Microtec is a fully adjustable ECU, you can alter almost anything the ECU controls but mainly but not onlyfuel and ignition also fan temp and a hell of a lot more. I understand power commander is only fuel and I don't know how or if the race ECU from MV is adjustable. I don't think your 2010 has a eprom chip, that's in the older model bikes I think

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Microtec is a fully adjustable ECU, you can alter almost anything the ECU controls but mainly but not onlyfuel and ignition also fan temp and a hell of a lot more. I understand power commander is only fuel and I don't know how or if the race ECU from MV is adjustable. I don't think your 2010 has a eprom chip, that's in the older model bikes I think
Thanks for the insight.

Primarily I just want to make sure that it doesn't run too lean.

I'm basically trying to find out if I get a race ECU (only MV makes these?) do I need a power commander or can I just run a power commander on my stock ecu to have a good air/fuel mix?

·
Super Moderator
22,501 Posts
The "race" ecu is the same as the stock ecu with a different map.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
The "race" ECU allows for the removal of the O2 sensor also.
Some keep the O2 sensor by welding a plug into the new mid-pipe, and their bikes run fine.
Some say their bikes ran better with the stock ECU than it does with the "race" ECU.
Some variables here, I'd tackle them one at a time and get the bike on a dyne to see what it's doing before blowing money on things that don't work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts