MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Searched the FAQ but didn't find info on how tell the EVO2 motors from early ones without tearing down the unit to see internal changes. Are there any external ways of telling or are there date or serial number indications? Regards, Vern
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,419 Posts
llenroc said:
Hey guys, Searched the FAQ but didn't find info on how tell the EVO2 motors from early ones without tearing down the unit to see internal changes. Are there any external ways of telling or are there date or serial number indications? Regards, Vern
I am looking for the same info, if you know the VIN it is easy evo-2 starts from Ser 0004145
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hb88xx said:
I am looking for the same info, if you know the VIN it is easy evo-2 starts from Ser 0004145
Thanks, where did you find that info? FWIW, the engine number is on the back of the engine near the rear shock it stamped: MV Agusta F4
05046 (my mumber)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,419 Posts
llenroc said:
Thanks, where did you find that info? FWIW, the engine number is on the back of the engine near the rear shock it stamped: MV Agusta F4
05046 (my mumber)
It's not the engine nr I mentioned but the frame VIN nr.
It is because the eprom for evo 2's is different and the table starts from that nr see http://mvfaq.blogspot.com/2006/06/eprom-exhaust-chip-cross-reference-hit.html
I have no info on which range of engine nr's go to what VIN nr's
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top