MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Power Commander help? Singapore has really bad traffic and sometimes I get caught in traffic and need to use 1st gear. :(

I don't want to spend too much like on a microtec M226.

·
Registered
363 Posts
The microtec's possibly the better way to go, but you can adjust fueling with the PowerCommander in such a way as to smooth off the snatchy throttle, ideally you'd want to have this done on a dyno to ensure it's all setup just right.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
You can remove the spring that returns throttle blades in the default position. The throttle becomes easier to handle.

You find it on left side of the bike between fuel tank and frame. If you are not mechanical inclined I would recommend letting a dealer do the work.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'm surprised that this problem is still here I thought it had been resolved with the new model ? what ECU do the 1078's have ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, didn't know there are so many solution. Will check with the dealer to see which one is most cost effective. But I don't think I want to go the Microtec or remove the spring route. Hopefully this is something that can be resolved by mapping the stock ECU, if not maybe power commander.

To answer your question, I've read that the throttle is a lot better then older version and almost eliminated on the 1090. But it's still there in the 1078 RR and its not as smooth as I'd like it to be, especially going into and coming out of a bend.

·
Registered
354 Posts
On my 910r I did the spring thing and it didn't make much difference, in my opinion. You do get use to the "Trigger effect" after a while I don't notice it anymore.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Perhaps my other thread has some relevance?

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33954

The idea here is to improve low-speed throttle response, make stop-'n-go traffic more bearable (who ever chooses to ride a Brutale - or ANY MV - in stop-'n-go traffic???); not in any way to moderate the fantastic performance that results from getting to twist the throttle properly.......

Mike

·
Registered
250 Posts
Unless you spend the money on a microtec your not going to get a significant improvement. My experience is more to be gained in altering low throttle timing and timing transition from close throttle than fuel alone. Microtec does this wonderfully.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I read some other thread about this Boost plug thing that makes the throttle smother. Its 150 bucks. Tricks the computer into thinking its always 20c when you get on it. Maybe you try it and let me know how it works. I want smoother throttle too.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Unless you spend the money on a microtec your not going to get a significant improvement. My experience is more to be gained in altering low throttle timing and timing transition from close throttle than fuel alone. Microtec does this wonderfully.
+1.
The snatchy throttle has more to do with the stock ECU spark timing map as related to throttle position, rather than simple A/F ratio. And I think the spark timing off idle is the way it is because the bike has to meet pollution control standards.

That said, if you just get your bike's TPS and A/F ratio adjusted correctly, it may make an improvement to off-idle throttle response if the factory/dealer did a terrible job adjusting these things initially.

·
Registered
250 Posts
++.

observed timing jump from idle up is surprisingly sharp with stock mapping, its the reason why the bike jumps from idle to about 2000rpm when you so much as breath on the throttle. The key reasons people rave about how the microtec changes the feel of the bike is the much imroved low end timing map and the much greater advance in part throttle giving a much more eager feel, and of course the right fuel and TPS accel settings. Well worth the money on a brute, like having a different bike.

·
Registered
851 Posts
+1 And that's why I'm saving up - there is also a weird 'throttling off' scenario where the revs fall to 2K hold for a second or so and then drop to real tickover which takes some getting used to.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It have just put a pc 3 on my new 08 910s and while it smooths out the torque curve and gave increased hp the improvement to the snatchy closed throttle was negligible

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
+1 And that's why I'm saving up - there is also a weird 'throttling off' scenario where the revs fall to 2K hold for a second or so and then drop to real tickover which takes some getting used to.
Yeah mine (Brutale 1078rr) had this before I fitted the Microtek and I found it very difficult on approach to slow turns and roundabouts as there was that slight delay in getting the revs to settle properly. All sorted out now with the microtek ECU. Definitely in my opinion the best mod you can do to a Brutale....expensive, a little I suppose....but WELL worth it.:)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Not necessarily what you want to hear I know, but I researched this for hours, and bit the bullet and went the Microtec route after reading Brian's posts, earlier this year.

Makes a huge difference to rideability. It does not though make the bike respond like your typical Japanese in line four and still retains that unique MV attitude.

In other words it will still command your respect, no matter what you do!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I shift to a higher gear when putzin around town or in traffic, i.e. start in 2nd.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts