MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just purchased the LED intergrated light section and tried to remove the tail light section. I tried to remove the two screws and was unsuccessful. They keep on turn and turning. Is there something that I am missing? Also How do I remove the license plate holder?

Thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
The bolts for the license plate/ blinkers holder are under the ECU, and you will also have to remove the bracket clamp connecting the two mufflers to slide out the plate holder.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It sounds like the captive nuts which are set in to the seat unit are just turning. What I would suggest you should do is to gently lever the light unit so it pulls the captive nuts out of the seat unit. Be careful you don't damage the external seat unit though. Once it is out you will be able to hold the nut with some pliers & un do then bond back in to the seat unit with adhiesive. I had a similar problem with mine a few years ago but with the seat catch bolt.

The other option is to leave the original light in!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Anthill said:
The other option is to leave the original light in!
Not much point having a LED tail lamp if he does that :jsm: A bit expensive to buy a new tail unit as well, so I'd go with your first option Anthill and just put a bit of pressure under the light unit whilst trying again to get the bolts out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts