MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im struggling to remove the weights on my handlebar and wondering how that is being done.

B3 800

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Noboby?

Those weights are sitting extremely hard so im wondering if im doing something wrong here.

I'm trying to loosen them with a 6mm umbraco key. But im afraid that is not the way to do it

Attachments

·
Registered
661 Posts
You're on it just fine, turn it counter clock. IT is mounted in with a rubber well nut of sorts. Loosen it up and it'll eventually pull right out. The Duc is fully threaded metal to metal one piece into the clip ons. This is cheesy by comparison. I replaced my stock ones with the Corse Ergal Silver bead blasted ones with the MV logos in red, so cool.

·
Registered
14,408 Posts
You're on it just fine, turn it counter clock. IT is mounted in with a rubber well nut of sorts. Loosen it up and it'll eventually pull right out. The Duc is fully threaded metal to metal one piece into the clip ons. This is cheesy by comparison. I replaced my stock ones with the Corse Ergal Silver bead blasted ones with the MV logos in red, so cool.
so how are the Ducati ones going to damp vibrations if they're solid mounted ?????

just fill the bars with lead :naughty::naughty:

·
Registered
661 Posts
It has to do with wave theory and resonance. But I'm pretty sure you already know that. You just love the MVs when compared with how much you like Ducs is my guess :mouthwate

so how are the Ducati ones going to damp vibrations if they're solid mounted ?????

just fill the bars with lead :naughty::naughty:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok! so I started with new confidence and a long bend arm attached to the umbraco key. And It came lose with a big BANG :bandit:
They must have used super glue or something ...

Thanks so mush fragile :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts