MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm trying to figure out how to remove the tail section of the exhaust on my '10 F4. All seems pretty straight forward except for the steel cables attaching to some rotating mechanism on the lower part. I did some pretty extensive searching for remove exhaust remove slip on install exhaust etc. No related information. does anyone know how to remove this section of the exhaust? Or can it be removed higher up by the tail section? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Hahahaha

If the C4 don't do it, try downloading the manuals over here - http://www.teamdouble3racing.com - there's a few guys on here who's removed their pipes, maybe check the Maint section.
But back to your question, the pipe only come's apart in the bottom as per second picture.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Disconnect the indicators and number plate light first so you don't break wires, you can either. the you can work the valve and remove the cables. You see the large bolt head two inches in front of the valve loosen that soff. Now go back up to under the tail section and remove the two muffler mounting bolts under the tail. And gues what presto you pipe should just slip off. Hope this helps. Don't cut the cables if you can't loosen the enough have a look where the servo motor.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses...

Ok, whats the deal with this C4 and why is it so funny!? Is that the model of the exhaust? Is it notorious for giving owners a hard time when trying to remove it? My thoughts are, the exhaust has to come off somehow. So thanks Donsy, I'll check those service manuals and the maintenance section to see what I come up with.

falzon, I did everything you mentioned, that's where I was when I started this thread, the main issue is this valve thing on the exhaust. If that weren't there I'd have it off already. Do you know how to remove these cables? Looks like you have the same exhaust.

Either way the question still stands...how do you remove this valve/cable section. Anyone with answers here's your invitation to chime in!

·
Super Moderator
21,411 Posts
Without delving into the manuals, and, no, I don't have the new model, you remove the retaining nut in the center of the EXUP valve and remove the cable drive. Then, loosen the exhaust clamp forward of that and the tail pipe shoudl slip off with some encouragement.

C-4 is funny because it is a trade name for a very powerful plastic explosive.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Same as the pic says on spains post but given you are on here asking such a simple question and possibly not the best mechanically minded person, I would disconnect the fuel line etc all plugs of tank and remove so yo don't drop the bastard or better still get a friend who knows his nuts and bolts. Righty tighty lefty loosey!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok guys, so I shuffled through the service manuals and I found the section pertaining to the exhaust flap thingy...sorry its in a pdf file, someone feel free to make it a image if they have the knowhow.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,204 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
That looks like training to me for military EOD/UXO or BUDS grads.

Cutting an anchor chain with a torch would be a stupid thing to do for them. Not as stupid as trying to be covert while carrying two cylinders and some twin hose around with a torch and a striker, but stupid nonetheless.

Besides, if you were trying to save money, acetylene would be a dumb gas to use. Propane is a better fuel for cutting, and is cheaper.

Your curmudgeon is showing...

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Dick;
did you notice the 4 idiots using probably $500 worth of C4 to cut an 1 1/4" anchor chain?????

like 1 guy couldn't have done it with $0.20 of oxygen and acetylene......

our tax dollars at work:wtf:
Much like using a sledgehammer to fix a fine swiss watch movement. It certainly will fix it forever but not quite in the way you had in mind. :)

·
Registered
14,204 Posts
That looks like training to me for military EOD/UXO or BUDS grads.

Cutting an anchor chain with a torch would be a stupid thing to do for them. Not as stupid as trying to be covert while carrying two cylinders and some twin hose around with a torch and a striker, but stupid nonetheless.
military EOD/UXO or BUDS grads......training?

when is a anchor chain deployed?

when a ship is at anchor

they cut the anchor chain, what do they have? a ship adrift
does the crew know it?

yes, they heard the C4

covert?

Thermite would have been a better choice

i know about using propane, i was whacking up steel structures with it in '59.....you just have to counter bore the tip:drummer:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts