MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
The thread?
Yes, i presume you need to fill the reservoir? When you unscrew the bolt for the filling hose and the bike is hottisch it may get dull. The plastic and metal don't expand the same amount.

At first i was baffled why on earth the tank needs to come off for a fill up. Some fellow riders showed me the filling bolt. They also told me about this little problem. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So you mean if trying to unscrew while still warm (not hot) this could mess up the winding? I think that happened to mine... In either direction it just turns in steps of about 30 degrees, without coming out... Then the full tank needs to be dismounted to fill it up?

·
Registered
742 Posts
I can't help you with this one. I don't know if there is a way to get the bolt out without damaging the reservoir any further. If you undo the six bolts you can lift the tank slightly which should be enough to get the black cap off the reservoir.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Came to top up coolant on my 2013 Brutale 800, same thing with my drain plug, it just clicks round and round. Ended up lifting petrol tank to access tank neck filler and used syringe to top up. It's easy but time consuming

1 - 9 of 9 Posts