MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First flip a coin to determine which bike the slipons will be on Heads: F41000 tails: SPR

Remove the old pipes and put them on a pile with some other old stuff:

dont' forget the anti seize compound:

Don't forget to have an extra nut on hand. The motocorse pipes are missing the one welded on the upper hanger of the midpipe:

Half done:

Roll it outside, fire it up and make sure everything works:

Button it up and have a beer:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Carl they look good bro, I dig the weaponry of choice as well. I wanted the blue/silver when I bought, it was sold out here in Japan so I ended up with the classic red/silver. Pipes look good on there for sure.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They sound a lot better than the stock pipes that's for sure. I don't know about a fly by but I can try for an audio clip tomorrow.

CAG

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Holy fark! looks like we have an FN, G3, m60 barrel, browning BAR,a set of PPSh-41 and the top two I cant tell looks to be an older MG42! YOU ARE DA MAN! What is it you do again!?

oh and the pipes look great too!

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Can't wait to hear the sound! No need for a flyby or anything complicated. Just a start up of the motor and some VROOM VRROOOM! :mouthwate

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dova80 said:
Holy fark! looks like we have an FN, G3, m60 barrel, browning BAR,a set of PPSh-41 and the top two I cant tell looks to be an older MG42! YOU ARE DA MAN! What is it you do again!?

oh and the pipes look great too!
Wow! you are good! It is 2 MG 42s.

CAG

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Poor quality sound clip

Taken with an Olympus C8080 which is otherwise a great digital camera. I'm no photo journalist or camera snob though.

I hear a stumble. It was way lean before the midpipe and slipons so it is probably leaner now. I need John to get back in business.

CAG

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Correct. The 1000 was running lean anyway and John (airfuel) recommended waiting until the pipes were on before buying a Power Commander. I'll run the SPR and see how it works with the Ti. I may need one for that as well but I doubt it. I will be keeping the RG3s on the 1000. The sound is deeper and more mellow with the RG3s than the ti.

CAG

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
CAG said:
Correct. The 1000 was running lean anyway and John (airfuel) recommended waiting until the pipes were on before buying a Power Commander. I'll run the SPR and see how it works with the Ti. I may need one for that as well but I doubt it. I will be keeping the RG3s on the 1000. The sound is deeper and more mellow with the RG3s than the ti.

CAG
May I ask why you went the PowerCommander route over the ECU from MV?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts