MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Chris I really appreciate the offer! I am actually going to pick it up this weekend! I am freaking pumped!

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Allan Gibbs said:
I'm really bored at work:

Per Uhaul's site, a 5 x 8 open traler is $18.95 for 24 hours and a 6' x 12' is $29.95. That's in Tulsa, OK. I'm not sure if the enclosed trailers have the hooks for a motorcycle but it'd be a good choice if the weather's bad.

I think this has been discussed on other boards and no they don't from what I understand.. lol

I have a cousin that has a pickup we are going to put it in the back of.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Dova80 said:
Chris I really appreciate the offer! I am actually going to pick it up this weekend! I am freaking pumped!
Cool! I bet you are pumped! Congrats and you'll be fine in the back of the truck!

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks guys the weekend can not get here quick enough! I am already pumped! I have been listening to Suryads video of his senna he did awhile back, just keep getting more and more excited!

I suppose the next thread will be about proper break in procedure...lol

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a Canyon Dancer, soft ties and some extra tie downs if you need to borrow them. I tie down the front and back. Also, if you don't have some kind of chock to keep the front wheel straight, I'd tie the front wheel to keep it from possibly turning. It doesn't happen often, but, it can happen.

When hauling the MV, I ziptie the tiedown hooks into the soft ties/Canyon Dancer and eye bolts to prevent the hooks from possibly bouncing out of the loops. Its probably overkill, but, it only takes 30 seconds and a few zipties.

Are you getting the bike Saturday? If so, do you know what time? We'll be in OKC on Sat and I'll go by the dealership if we have time.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Not a problem. I'm also looking into a Uhaul to get my bike from L.A. to Tucson next year (about 500 miles).

On the plus side, you only have 96 hour or 5,760 minutes to go till the weekend. :laughing:

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
leanin said:
I have a Canyon Dancer, soft ties and some extra tie downs if you need to borrow them. I tie down the front and back. Also, if you don't have some kind of chock to keep the front wheel straight, I'd tie the front wheel to keep it from possibly turning. It doesn't happen often, but, it can happen.

When hauling the MV, I ziptie the tiedown hooks into the soft ties/Canyon Dancer and eye bolts to prevent the hooks from possibly bouncing out of the loops. Its probably overkill, but, it only takes 30 seconds and a few zipties.

Are you getting the bike Saturday? If so, do you know what time? We'll be in OKC on Sat and I'll go by the dealership if we have time.

I will be at the dealership at 8:50ish, 9 is when they open up. I get to crack the box open cut the bag and then about 3 hours later is what they say its all mine. So I figure I will be there from 9 till about noon. It will probably not be the best time to meet me as I will be all giddy as a school girl but your more than welcome to stop by!

I am not sure what you mean by zip tieing the hooks into the canyon dancer... do you not put the hooks into the canyon dancer? I just went and bought a canyon dancer last night, my cousin has about 8 tie downs... Tieing down the front wheel is a great idea!

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Allan Gibbs said:
Not a problem. I'm also looking into a Uhaul to get my bike from L.A. to Tucson next year (about 500 miles).

On the plus side, you only have 96 hour or 5,760 minutes to go till the weekend. :laughing:
I know I am so anxious! Cant sleep well with all the excitement I have!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Dova80 said:
I will be at the dealership at 8:50ish, 9 is when they open up. I get to crack the box open cut the bag and then about 3 hours later is what they say its all mine. So I figure I will be there from 9 till about noon. It will probably not be the best time to meet me as I will be all giddy as a school girl but your more than welcome to stop by!

I am not sure what you mean by zip tieing the hooks into the canyon dancer... do you not put the hooks into the canyon dancer? I just went and bought a canyon dancer last night, my cousin has about 8 tie downs... Tieing down the front wheel is a great idea!
I'd expect you'll be "giddy" a while. :f4:

Put the tie down hook through the canyon dancer loops like normal. Then run the zip-tie through the loop and over the hook. Tighten the zip-tie down so the hook can't be removed from the loop without cutting the zip-tie. This will make sure the hook cannot be bounced out of the loop if you hit a huge pothole. No further than your hauling the bike its probably overkill. OTOH, can you be too careful taking the new pride and joy home the first time?

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
leanin said:
I'd expect you'll be "giddy" a while. :f4:

Put the tie down hook through the canyon dancer loops like normal. Then run the zip-tie through the loop and over the hook. Tighten the zip-tie down so the hook can't be removed from the loop without cutting the zip-tie. This will make sure the hook cannot be bounced out of the loop if you hit a huge pothole. No further than your hauling the bike its probably overkill. OTOH, can you be too careful taking the new pride and joy home the first time?

Good idea I dont think you can be to careful...

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I used a baxley chock for years, I would recommend a canyon dancer in conjunction to take some of the stress off the front bearings. I found with the wheel locked in place you've got the whole weight of the bike swinging like a pendulum, it killed the bearings on a couple bikes before I added a canyon dancer,

Chris

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Well looks like I will have to go get it next week sometimes.. See "its ordered" thread.

·
Registered
349 Posts
zvez said:
I used a baxley chock for years, I would recommend a canyon dancer in conjunction to take some of the stress off the front bearings. I found with the wheel locked in place you've got the whole weight of the bike swinging like a pendulum, it killed the bearings on a couple bikes before I added a canyon dancer,

Chris
+1 -- use both ever other weekend going to the track...

21 - 35 of 35 Posts